Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detect and email HDHomeRun lineup changes

Detect and email HDHomeRun lineup changes (v1.2)

This was really in the wrong forum... it's not a plug-in or skin. Moved thread to the Community Announcements.

Can't figure out how to remove this messages attachments
    Last edited by wtg; 2011-08-04 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Moved thread

I hope you find the script useful. I've had it - or it's predecessor anyway - running for about 2 years and as annoying as it is to have lineup changes, it's at least nice to know about them before you lose a week of scheduled recordings.

By the way, if you do find out about a lineup change, you should then re-run a channel scan through the HDHomeRun's GUI since it'll download the up-to-date channel names and update the XML file. I wish the command-line utility would do that for you, but it doesn't

If you're interested, here's my "To Do" list for the script.

* inform you which, if any, scheduled recordings are in jeopardy because of a lineup change
    * pause if tuner in use, waiting for it to free up.

If you have any ideas yourself on how to improve it, by all means share them.
    Tim

P.S. Despite having the -WindowStyle Hidden option on the PowerShell command line, the window will flash up on the screen momentarily. This is a known bug in PowerShell that'll hopefully be fixed soon.
    Last edited by wtg; 2011-02-28 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Updated to do list

This is incredible! I love it! Thank You... plan to do it and will let you know how it works for me
    If you want to know why nPVR is the bomb, ask my wife!

got everything working except the email part... will keep tweaking

I'm curious what problem are you running into with the email? I'm probably going to make this available over on Silicon Dust's website where it'll have a wider audience and so it'd be helpful to know what problems you're having.

Here's the error

Send-MailMessage : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'False'.
    At C:\Users\Public\NPVR\HDHR\qam_scan.ps1:142 char:19
    + Send-MailMessage <<<< -To $Mail_To `
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( [Send-MailMessage], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.C ommands.SendMailMessage
    and here's the settings in the script

# Email settings
    $Mail_Server = "smtp.att.yahoo.com" # name or IP address of your SMTP email server
    $Mail_Subject = "Scan results"
    $Mail_To = "e********i@gmail.com" # To whom the email should be sent
    $Mail_From = "y******i@sbcglobal.net" # Email should appear "from" this user
    $Mail_User = "y******i@sbcglobal.net" # Username for logging into mail server, if required.
    $Mail_Pwd = "****" # Password for logging into mail server, if required
    $Mail_UseSSL = $true # set to $true if your mail server requires SSL - most don't
    $Mail_Body = @"
    Differences were detected in the most recent channel scan. See the attachment. If new channels
    have been found
    "@
    i've put stars to protect for privacy

My apologies... the script is not correct for dealing with an SSL connection to the mail server. My email server doesn't require this and I hadn't tested it.

I'll make what I think are the necessary changes and test it this afternoon.

Ok, I've updated the script to deal with yahoo and gmail smtp mail servers. I'm not sure if it'll work with your smtp.att.yahoo.com mail server but I've confirmed it works with the standard smtp.mail.yahoo.com mail server at least. Let me know how you make out.

Is the new updated script in first post of this thread?

Yeah it is. Let me know how it works for you.