Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Different audio output for music?

Different audio output for music?

I would like the audio for video playback to continue to go out via HDMI but have mp3 and flac files routed to a different audio output device (my m-audio sound card to my amp).

Any chance of adding such a feature or ideas on how I may accomplish this?

cheers.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

The audio renderer specified in the Settings -> Decoders screen are only used for live tv and playback of video. When it comes to audio it just lets directshow pick. You might be able to change your system default audio renderer, so it'll end up using this for audio only playback, while video will continue to use the audio renderer specified in the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    The audio renderer specified in the Settings -> Decoders screen are only used for live tv and playback of video. When it comes to audio it just lets directshow pick. You might be able to change your system default audio renderer, so it'll end up using this for audio only playback, while video will continue to use the audio renderer specified in the settings.
    In this case, what audio renderer will be used if you play an .avi file?

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    In this case, what audio renderer will be used if you play an .avi file?
    When playing video files (including .avi), it uses the audio and video renderer specified on the Settings -> Decoders screen.

hasn't one of the stock recommendations always been "to make such you have the audio renderer set to default"?

I will have a play around but I was sure that I tried this method in the past and it caused problems.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    hasn't one of the stock recommendations always been "to make such you have the audio renderer set to default"?
    Yes, I recommend people stick with the default audio renderer unless they have a good reason to do otherwise.

And would you consider the reason in post#1 as a good reason?

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

I think what Sub was saying is change the renderer under sounds in control panel, as directshow should use whatever is selected there when it's an audio-only file, but whatever is listed in NPVR settings for video files.
    "Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!"

--= Win7, C2D 2.93 GHz, ASUS 9400GT Silent, 2GB Ram, Few HDD's, 3TB unRAID server, Samsung 50" 1080p Plasma via HDMI, 40" 1080i LCD via VGA =-- * PVR2000 Analog PCI / Avermedia DVB-S PCI / Hauppauge 2200 DVB/Analog * PCH GBPVR Client * *BD-E6500 w/ NPVR client*

Just to revisit this again.

I can't set the audio renderer in npvr to anything but default else I get the (known) lip sync issues. So I am unable to direct tv audio to the tv and music to the hi-fi.

Sub: Is there any chance to add a music renderer that can be used by the music plugin or perhaps a "settings" plugin where the renderer could be changed by use of the remote.

I think I will try creating a custom task to call a batch file to swap config.xml files around and see if that works for now. Is it possible to relaunch npvr and have it automatically run a particular plugin (music)?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    Just to revisit this again.

I think I will try creating a custom task to call a batch file to swap config.xml files around and see if that works for now. Is it possible to relaunch npvr and have it automatically run a particular plugin (music)?

cheers
    Hiya gEd,

just out of interest as I am playing about with the config.xml file at the moment how would you work the batch file? i.e. what are you thinking here. Replace one config.xml with another via a batch and relaunch NextPVR? Call the batch from within NextPVR?

cheers

steeb