Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Different audio output for music?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    On the rare occasions that I add a setting in config.xml that are user tweakable (like this music renderer setting), I'll note them in the change log.
    Hi sub, that is all I was asking, I think I just may have missed them in the past. So anything like this is always in the release notes? Is release notes = change log?

steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Is release notes = change log?
    Yes, the release notes are cut and paste from my change log file.

Yes, the release notes are cut and paste from my change log file.
    Thanks sub. Unfortunately I am in one of my 'very boring to everyone else except myself' moods.

So does that mean there have been no changes to the config.xml from release 1.4.7 through 2.0.3? I am finding it hard to spot the changes in the release notes?

steeb

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Thanks sub. Unfortunately I am in one of my 'very boring to everyone else except myself' moods.

So does that mean there have been no changes to the config.xml from release 1.4.7 through 2.0.3? I am finding it hard to spot the changes in the release notes?

steeb
    OK , ok I go that wrong, one I spotted now, takes a keen eye to read through

from 1.5.36

added config.xml option to use older 'MPEG-2 Splitter' filter instead of 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer' for playback of .mpg files.
    so guess it goes back to what I kind of was asking before? Could the release notes have some kind of better order to them? (and I do realise that it is not like you don't have enough to do already....)

steeb

In fact from a good skim read this:

added config.xml option to use older 'MPEG-2 Splitter' filter instead of 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer' for playback of .mpg files
    is the only change that has been made to the config.xml file (not available through usual user settings) since 1.4.7?

steeb

Every release has changes to config.xml, but these are usually for my own personal use, and not intended for users to change. For the most part I try to make any new settings available in the Settings screen if they're intended for a user to tweak, so you can expect very few config.xml changes intended for users to change.

There have been some other changes listed in the change log, for example.
    - now able to config MVP control and media ports using <StartPortControl> and <StartPortMedia> config.xml settings
    - added a <PluginLocation> setting in config.xml that can be used to override the default location plugins are loaded from.
    ...etc
    Some of them should didnt explicitly mention the setting name:
    - added setting to run recording service at higher priority
    - added setting to hide ATSC/DVB Radio stations in TV Guide.
    ...etc
    Usually in these case I've told the person that requested to the change, that it was done, and <xxxxxxx> is the setting name to look out for in the next release. I'll try to be more consistent in future with listing the setting name in the change log.

Every release has changes to config.xml, but these are usually for my own personal use, and not intended for users to change.
    Yes I know, but being an easily readable .xml file I am one of those bores that opens the config.xml and reads through it, with a new release of the software, and wonders about 'oooh what is that?' I was playing devil's advocate and trying to draw some input from the Master in!

For the most part I try to make any new settings available in the Settings screen if they're intended for a user to tweak, so you can expect very few config.xml changes intended for users to change.
    I have no interest in any changes made to the config.xml that appear in the NextPVR Settings Window. This is how it should be.

There have been some other changes listed in the change log, for example.
    I know, devil's advocate as above

Some of them should didnt explicitly mention the setting name:
    As above.....

Usually in these case I've told the person that requested to the change, that it was done, and <xxxxxxx> is the setting name to look out for in the next release. I'll try to be more consistent in future with listing the setting name in the change log.
    So my simple wishlist in answer to gEd's audio problem would be..... ('cor we got there in the end!)

When I said I 'flag' as per my first input on this thread, I meant could you be more consistent with the way that any change to the config.xml is noted. Which you have beaten me to

Extra request is:

release notes -

General:
    did this
    did that
    did something even better

config.xml (advanced settings at your risk) etc
    added ability to change a wellington boot into a fairy cake

etc

steeb

I use this to switch between SPDIF and analog speakers
    Toggle / Switch Your Default Playback Device With DPDT

That looks interesting. Can you execute it while npvr is running from a remote button and have it change? Or do you need to quit npvr, execute this then start npvr again? To be honest, I could live with that as I could do it all from the remote and I dont actually want to change that often.

I knew someone would post something usable soon enough thanks "nobody" just what i needed
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500