Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USBUIRTSEND not sending newly learnt codes to USB-UIRT?

You could try this command line utility.

Run it with no paramaters. It'll create a 'learnt.ir' file in the same directory, so it must be in a writable directory.

Coolio...will give it a whirl, thanks sub :-)
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Just some feedback.... Tried this, no joy. Odd. The OLD def works on the new box, but was recorded on an older box.
    New IR def doesn't make it respond at all.

OLD HKNowBB YX-5218A
    NEW NowHD_6916H_Yiuxing
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

That code was literally the same code that GBPVR was using to learn it.

Did it go through the motions, and create a file that looked like it'd be valid?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Did it go through the motions, and create a file that looked like it'd be valid?
    Sure did!

Odd. Cant explain that one.

Maybe something to do with your comment about recording it originally from older box. Maybe something slightly different about the IR.

Alternatively, it might have been a different version of the USB-UIRT drivers you used back then?

Odd. Cant explain that one.

Maybe something to do with your comment about recording it originally from older box. Maybe something slightly different about the IR.

Alternatively, it might have been a different version of the USB-UIRT drivers you used back then?
    Could be, I've been around a while ... :-)

You could try this command line utility.

Run it with no paramaters. It'll create a 'learnt.ir' file in the same directory, so it must be in a writable directory.
    Hi Sub I got a new TV Box, trying to redo the codes, do you remember the name of that utilty please? USBUIRT's learnhelper utility seems to learn different codes every time. Also, how do I send a send a delay between codes please? There's a nice program for BeyondTV http://www.usbuirt.com/BeyondTV/beyondtv.htm in which you can put in delays etc. Not finding a similar utility anywhere else (if anyone knows)

[EDIT] Seems there used to be a C:\Program Files (x86)\SnapStream Media\Enterprise TV\UsbUirtSetup.exe when snapstream was installed, will see if I can find that.

k.
    Last edited by jksmurf; 2019-03-04 at 06:27 AM.

I'm pretty sure you with USBUIRTSend you can run it this way:

USBUIRTSend.exe c:\path\to\some\irfile learn

and it'll ask you to press each key etc, and save it to c:\path\to\some\irfile.

Thank you but it didn't work - says Unable to open specified device definition file ?

btw is <RecycleUSBUIRT>true</RecycleUSBUIRT> still a thing in config.xml?