Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Music Box 4 - Version 9.2

I'm not saying this will work but if may be worth a try under your main NextPVR "Settings-Media Folders" setup a Music folder as from the way I understand if it doesn't find a ML3 GB-PVR Db it will then import this folder into MB4 & give it something to start from.

@nia, on the config page for Plugins, if "Music Box" is not ticked as visible, can you tick visible and restart NPVR please. I do get the same error as you do if is not enabled when I restart.

Edit: your config.xml does show it disabled <MenuItem enabled="false">Music Box</MenuItem>

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2011-11-08 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    @nia, on the config page for Plugins, if "Music Box" is not ticked as visible, can you tick visible and restart NPVR please. I do get the same error as you do if is not enabled when I restart.

Edit: your config.xml does show it disabled <MenuItem enabled="false">Music Box</MenuItem>
    I tried, but first I was unsuccessful.

Then I ran the accompanying uninstall app, and then reinstalled. The enabling seems to have fixed that the installation process ran properly this time As soon as I entered the config, it was prepopulated with some information about music folder which I had in the system already for the normal Music app.

Thank you Martin - now to see how to get it working.

Is it recommended to have the database local, or can it be on the networked music folder storage? Perfomance hit?
    Happy user since October 2004
    VM Ware ESXi 6 on SuperMicro X9SCM-F | Xeon E3-1230 | Windows 7 (on ESXi) | nPVR 3.7.7
    2*HDHomeRun | Kodi on PC and RaspPI | Remote: Logitech Harmony 900 | Storage: unRAID file server 23TB (on ESXi)
    |

Quote Originally Posted by nia View Post
    Then I ran the accompanying uninstall app, and then reinstalled. The enabling seems to have fixed that the installation process ran properly this time As soon as I entered the config, it was prepopulated with some information about music folder which I had in the system already for the normal Music app.
    Good that is how it is supposed to work, I might put in a warning although I'm not even sure how this is possible,

Is it recommended to have the database local, or can it be on the networked music folder storage? Perfomance hit?
    Performance would be the only concern, as well as share permissions for running for an NMT/MVP. You can move MusicLibrary.db3 file to different paths to test, at anytime.

Martin

Thanks - I'll report back how it goes
    Happy user since October 2004
    VM Ware ESXi 6 on SuperMicro X9SCM-F | Xeon E3-1230 | Windows 7 (on ESXi) | nPVR 3.7.7
    2*HDHomeRun | Kodi on PC and RaspPI | Remote: Logitech Harmony 900 | Storage: unRAID file server 23TB (on ESXi)
    |