Thread: Translation issues

Translation issues

I got involved with NPVR and its translation recently. Weather information is quite a handy feature in a PVR app so I decided to include it too. Translation is done via XML files.

After a few days of work, I'd like to point out tiny issues in Weather that could be improved.

First an easy one: the string 'Weather Advisories, Watches & Warnings (1 of 1)' inlcudes '&' which cannot be included in a valid XML thus cannot be translated (brokes the whole translation).

Another one is wind direction. Would it be possible to put the directions into separate strings? (Unless it comes it comes from Accuweather in a whole line) Something like '9 m/s (17 m/s), WSW' is impossible to translate, 3 data fields give almost an infinite number of combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by fuchstractor View Post
    First an easy one: the string 'Weather Advisories, Watches & Warnings (1 of 1)' inlcudes '&' which cannot be included in a valid XML thus cannot be translated (brokes the whole translation).
    Are you sure you can't use &

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Are you sure you can't use &
    Yes, I tried using & - not working in this case ("Weather Advisories, Watches & Warnings (1 of 1)").