Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MCEBuddy 2.x Guide To Convert .TS To .MP4

Quote Originally Posted by rimmon1971 View Post
    Are you sure that the original .TS is a 1080 source? Which conversion profile are you using? MP4 Normal?

ill check all that out later. work blocks my connection home.. grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by rimmon1971 View Post
    Are you sure that the original .TS is a 1080 source? Which conversion profile are you using? MP4 Normal?
    just looked and it is 720p.... so is it simply the fact that upscaling is filling in more thus making large size?

Quote Originally Posted by TeleFragger View Post
    1.5h show... ends up as a 4gb .ts file. I convert it to an mp4 1080i and it ends up being 9gb!!!!!

That's a bit odd... I haven't messed with it in a long time, but if memory serves me right the only way to upscale is to write a custom profile.

Are you sure it's converting with a .mp4 profile? The only time I've seen files get that much bigger is when I tried a "AVI" profile.

As to the size, if it is truly upscaling then yes, it's bigger because it's making extra pixels to fit the new frame size.

Another thought- if it's mp4, did you by chance bump the quality slider way up? That will increase the file size too.
    NPVR 3.9.2/Win7ProX64/Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz /HDHRPrime X2/Schedules Direct

Search on google "ts to mp4" there are online converters like

Quote Originally Posted by tsfiles View Post
    Search on google "ts to mp4" there are online converters like
    yes, I found a TS to MP4 converter at this page http://www.videoconverterfactory.com...fo-to-mp4.html and got some information about TS, share with you.
    AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. AUDIO_TS folder is generally empty because it is used primarily for DVD-Audio. While VIDEO_TS folder contains files with BUP, VOB, and IFO extension. All of them play respective important roles so that a DVD player can recognize them and play DVD smoothly.
    VOB (Video OBjects): VOB is the container format in DVD-Video media, which contains digital video & audio, subtitles, DVD menus and navigation contents multiplexed together into a stream form.
    IFO (InFOrmation): IFO file is an important document to control the VOB file playback process.
    BUP (BackUP): The BUP file is exactly the same as the IFO file, which is a backup of the IFO file.