Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: webradio 3.7, unhandled exception on digital radio

Yes that would be the bug. If you want a temp fix on 64bit create the registry key

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\devnz\GBPVR InstallDir" and set it to the string "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\"

Martin

Thanks I'll try without the \Wow6432Node\ (W8 32bit)

I have uploaded a set of New Country Flags & Radio Logos here http://www.filedropper.com/webradiomedia (12.1mb 7z - all pngs optimized with PNGGauntlet) - Hope they come in useful

All individual elements used were freely available from Google searches or were my own work so should be OK for non commercial use.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Thanks Martin
    The reg string did the business - now getting flags from the Country Folder, Bit early to say yet but it may have stopped the unhandled exceptions as well.

VLC 2.0.8 incompatable with Web Radio

Hi Martin

Updated VLC a couple of days ago - Web Radio throws exceptions and crashes vlc and will not connect to any station.
    Reverted to VLC 2.0.7 and all is fine - Guess there is not much point in me posting logs until after the new release of NPVR, I'll stick with 2.0.7 for the time being.

I've had this problem with several versions of VLC over the years but I'd still like to look at the problem now to see if it is a bug in WebRadio. Could you send me a sample URL that you are trying to play.

If you like to install the latest VLC will run with an older version in the WebRadio.xml. I just uncompress from the VLC archive, but there are old portable editions too

Martin

I tried several different stations through out the world, Shoutcast, Recieva, Mikes Radio, IceRadio - Cleared the cache - every one crashed vlc and threw an exception in web radio - even dvb-t became unstable.
    The exception was something like can not have a null instance of "This"
    Revert to 2.07 and all was rock solid again - must be some change in the latest vlc

Unfortunately SHE is home all day for a couple of weeks so unlikely be able to test - if I do I'll try again and post with logs etc but I don't use vlc for much, so may stick with 2.0.7 for a few weeks.

Odd, I moved to it yesterday and I haven't encountered any problems on many streams. I will wait for your logs.

Martin

I'll try downloading the update again and a clean install later this week - maybe the installer trashed the update last time.

Hi Martin
    Installed VLC 2.0.8 again and was much more stable - but occasionally would get .net exceptions and problems when using back browser button on the remote to go back up the menu which I have been having on and off previously.

I think I have found the problem - in the RadioStations.xml file from NWebRadioAddOns, the Last Played item had the full path - <MenuFile>C:\Temp\lastplayed.csv</MenuFile> - I had set the cache file in settings to - C:\Radiocache\ - which is where the lastplayed.csv file was being written. Removing the path from RadioStations.xml appears to have stopped the exceptions. - I hope.

I have been doing a lot of clean-up in WebRadio 3 so that might help, and fixed a few bugs in menu handling and lastplayed too so these might help. VLC itself has not been a problem.

Martin