Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile iNEWA Support Thread

Mobile iNEWA Support Thread

Starting with NEWA build 1.26 the iNEWA mobile extension will be included in the build.

This thread is used to capture support questions/bug reporting for iNEWA created and maintained by fjbpchristiaens.

Post all support and inquiry questions in regards to iNEWA in this thread.

iNEWA 1.27 Beta

Please find attached a new beta release of the mobile iNEWA versions. It includes:

-Confirmation pop-ups for delete/cancel
    -New setup screen
    -Support for IUI themes
    -Experimental streaming (currently using Air Playit, might change/extend or be removed if not usable). Default this feature is disabled.
    -Some minor corrections

Just installed the update and Air Playit, seems to work really well within my local network. (I've only played a bit, haven't watched a whole show yet) This is approaching Holy Grail of NPVR integration. Thanks!
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

I like it. Air Playit works great for me.
    What, me worry?

New: MSI H270 PC Mate | Core i3-7100 | 16GB RAM | 275GB M.2 2280 SSD | 4TB + 2TB HDD | Zalman Z3 Case | Win10
    Old: Biostar TZ77B MB | Core i3 2120 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB SSD | 2TB HDD x 2 | Antec 302 Case | Win7x64
    HDHR Prime | HVR2250 | PCH A-110 | PCH A-100 | Harmony 650 & 700 remotes | Comcast | Schedules Direct

iNEWA 1.27_beta2: search screen

Attached iNewa 1.27_beta2 with a new search screen.

iOS 6 and some cosmetics: iNewa_1.27_beta3_iOS6

Works with NEWA 1.26 onwards. Tested with iOS6 (and pre-release of NEWA 1.27).

*Dealing with observed changes of Safari's caching mechanisms for forms.
    *Some cosmetics: e.g. minor reorg in the display of recordings (failed ones now on top with failure reason in the details screen)

I'm stuck at iOS 5 with my 3rd gen iPod. Will these iOS 6 changes cause issues for iOS 5 users? I am having issues with the guide not showing all the shows on a channel and recordings failing to schedule with "object reference not set to an instance..." I just installed the October 1st release of NPVR. I thought I'd try these betas and see if I have better luck.

Hi,

In fact iOS 6 updates are just related to posting of forms (which Safari seems to cache for an unknown reason). The fix is just making the form unique with an extra parameter... should run on iOS5 as well. In fact it is better to use the version delivered with the latest NPVR (2.5.9 AND newa 1.27 or at least 1.26), not the betas any more. It's really depending on the right version being used of NEWA and NPVR as it makes API/NEWA calls to schedule/show recordings, etc... One of the earlier versions did indeed not show all programs of the channel epg, but this should have been fixed. It was related to the same episodes, back-to-back ... Do you have any more details as too which programs are failing and how you schedule (manual/epg/recurring...) to get the error? Did you do a shutdown of the webserver before installing the new version? Id did some more tests with the latest version

Thanks,

I could not tell what version of NEWA came with NextPVR 2.5.9. I also could only find NEWA 1.26 and these mobile betas. Using mobile beta3 above I can see all my programs in the guide. I am trying to figure out how to record a series. So I did an episode search and then try to record it with the proper options. When I hit the record button at the bottom, I get the page saying "Could not schedule recording." Also when doing a search, how does one search all genres? I do not see an option for that. All have to dig into the logs tomorrow.

Beta3 should in fact (for one minor change) the one delivered with 2.5.9... I will have a look. If you get a could not schedule recording, this usually means there are overlapping recordings (I cant retrieve the error reason at that point). If you leave the genre blank, it will search for all genres. The option to select multiple options from one list is not so easy to implement with iUI