Thread: Live TV and recordings do not match

Live TV and recordings do not match

recordings record fine on the right channel but live tv the mapping is not right, help please.

Greg

The only thing I can think of is in GB-PVR it uses the tuner cards from the top down for recordings & from the bottom up for live tv, so if you have more than one card it's most likely that you have mapped the channels right on the top card(s) but wrong on the bottom card(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greg in kansas View Post
    recordings record fine on the right channel but live tv the mapping is not right, help please.
    If it's a digital channel, and you're recording to .ts, then it sounds like the broadcaster has changed the audio/video PIDs. You'll probably need to rescan and remap that channel.

Ok, I'll try a re map been over 2 years. I thought my data base might be bad. Different audio/video PIDs for Rec vs live?

Thanks so much
    Greg

Different audio/video PIDs for Rec vs live?
    Yes, with .ts. GBPVR stored the PIDs during scan, and needed these for live tv. It didn't need them when playing a recording - it'd find them by looking at the file.

NextPVR did away with this annoying problem, and dynamically determines the PIDs for live tv aswell.

Are the PIDs stored in two different places in the database? I can find only one "SOURCE_CHANNEL_MAPPING".

Thanks for all your work Sub

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yes, with .ts. GBPVR stored the PIDs during scan, and needed these for live tv. It didn't need them when playing a recording - it'd find them by looking at the file.

Are the PIDs stored in two different places in the database? I can find only one "SOURCE_CHANNEL_MAPPING".
    Those are the PIDs used for live tv. When playback a recording, GBPVR looks in the file to find the PIDs (ie not in the database).

Thanks Sub
    Are the PIDS that are used for recordings in the database?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Those are the PIDs used for live tv. When playback a recording, GBPVR looks in the file to find the PIDs (ie not in the database).

No, they're not in the database.