Thread: NextPVR and Roku Channel

NextPVR and Roku Channel

Has the idea to development Roku channel for NextPVR stopped? If so, is anybody streaming their recordings from NextPVR to their Roku?

Quote Originally Posted by btpoole View Post
    Has the idea to development Roku channel for NextPVR stopped?
    There was never any official integration effort with the Roku. It was just something one of the users (ioan) was experimenting with. I'm not sure if he's still around.

looks like he was last logged in 10 weeks ago, but hasn't posted in 1.5 years.

you could try installing the Plex Media Server; there's a Roku channel for that.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 4.2.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 8/Kodi 16.1 (last version with good 1080i MPEG-2 playback) & X-NEWA 2.5.1

Thanks johnsonx42, I do have plex running and use it some thru Roku. Kinda of liked the idea of the scheduler. Thanks again.

I know that this is an ancient thread but after hours of reading, I'm still quite fuzzy on how, after installing Plex channel on my Roku, to get Plex to play NextPVR live tv.

Any help you can point me to?
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Creators) - NextPVR - WinTV8
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

I am "assuming" they are referring to having a connection from the NextPVR server to the Plex server for the LiveTV option. That in-turn can be run through the Plex Roku Channel.

Since I do not use Plex, (but I do use Emby which is a direct competitor to Plex), it is pretty simple to set up.

In Emby (and probably Plex too) there is a NextPVR plugin which Emby uses to get NextPVR streams.

Even though there are some minor limitations, It works very well and I can now easily watch my NextPVR channels and recordings via Roku.

Hope this helps....

Many thanks, Bamit. I'll see what matches up with Plex. If no success, I might give Emby a try.