Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NextPVR Web Console v0.2.0.215

Reven, would love to test the Web Console but I really need to have issue #62 (Support network shares for recording directories) resolved. Any ideas when you will address that?

\\Ager

im going to start working on actually fixing bugs as soon as I finish setting up the test environment and unit tests.

this stuff takes time (you could see all my commits, that have nothing to do with actual bugs, but to do with building the code etc), but has great benefits and really really reduces bugs and ensures tests are run against every release.

i've got most of the vm's setup (using hyper-v finally), just have to get the unit tests in teamcity running (failing for some reason in that, passing in visual studio) and then setup the smoke tests (smoke tests are to ensure it installs on different platforms/setups and does some actual installed tests).

but after all thats done, i'll work through the bug reports and finish off some areas (like the xmltv source listing issues and schedules direct etc).

I have probably missed something but I was trying this out. Have the latest version of nexpvr. Downloaded the install from this thread, installed and then tried the icon on the desktop which gives me:
    Code:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    The directory name C:\ProgramData\UltiDev\Cassini is invalid.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The directory name C:\ProgramData\UltiDev\Cassini is invalid.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The directory name C:\ProgramData\UltiDev\Cassini is invalid.]
       System.IO.FileSystemWatcher..ctor(String path, String filter) +350
       CassiniConfiguration.Metabase..cctor() +267

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CassiniConfiguration.Metabase' threw an exception.]
       CassiniConfiguration.Metabase.get_ConfigFileLocation() +0
       UWS.Configuration.Metabase.GetLegacyMetabaseVersion() +46
       UWS.Configuration.Metabase.LoadLegacyCassiniAppData(List`1 appPools) +146
       UWS.Configuration.Metabase.LoadHostAndAppConfigFromMetabase(MetabaseSerializationHelper metabase) +129
       UWS.Configuration.Metabase.FindApplication(Guid appID) +96
       UWSAppLocator.GoToApplication.GetApplicationUrl() +253
       UWSAppLocator.GoToApplication.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +168
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +124
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2513
    Any advice?

try manually download and installing UltiDev Web Server Pro (UWS)

looks like that doesnt exist.

then uninstall the nextpvrwebconsole and reinstall it, it should readd itself to ultidev, however if it doesnt:

then you would need to add the nextpvr web console to it, which is basically "Add", "Browse" to the directory containing the first web.config file (sorry at work, so dont have access to all the info atm), set it to a port, i suggest 8877. then click start.

I don't know how I've missed this before, but wow, does this look nice! I hope you keep working on it. I'm going to install it tonight to play with.

Mikael

Any update on the issue with missing EPG info? I just installed this and my web console also doesn't show any guide data but in NEWA I see the guide data just fine.

EDIT: I am using xmltv for EPG and it seems as though the web console can't read the xmltv xml file from a mapped network drive (e.g. when I go to add a new epg source, it asks where the xml file is located, and it only shows me local hard drives and does NOT show me mapped drive letters).
    Last edited by LehighBri; 2013-10-29 at 05:06 PM.

bump. thoughts?

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...529#post465529

Post #5
    Ive basically abandon this project, the community just wasnt interested
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”