Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nextpvr channel - roku

Nextpvr channel - roku

I'm wondering if anyone has tried look at development for the roku in the hope of getting recording on there?

There is a nextpvr channel. And while I've Installed it I've not played

+1 for this also. I know we might not be able to play live tv. But i would love to be able to browse epg and set recordings and view recording status.

I had a play with a sample channel and just gave it a recording and while I had picture I didn't have sound. This is with h.264 video h3-aac-lc sound.

I'd assume you're mpeg2 based (being in the US) so regardless looks like transcoding would be needed.

yeah we are mpeg2. Even if i cant play video i would use plex to watch my recorded shows but id love to use at least a recording manager off my roku.

How do you get your recordings in plex? Do you rename them after recording? -I import then with data from the XML file (since our air dates don't match the US ones).

Sorry for the late reply. I am actually not doing it yet. I was planing on using MCEBUDDY. Just havent had a chance to set it up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    How do you get your recordings in plex? Do you rename them after recording? -I import then with data from the XML file (since our air dates don't match the US ones).
    I use guideplus to rename and move the recordings to an unraid server with plex on it. I don't need to do any importing Plex is happy with the renamed recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by carpeVideo View Post
    I use guideplus to rename and move the recordings to an unraid server with plex on it. I don't need to do any importing Plex is happy with the renamed recordings.
    I've actaully been playing with a plex nextpvr channel - the sole reason is that I need the server to be able to transcode the video as apart from a PC or a popcorn hour, none of the clients will generally play our 1080i h.264 based video - which is why I stopped with the roku channel.

I started to play with MCEBUDDY and it looks pretty good. It transcoded my video with handbreak and moved it over to plex automaticaly. I was then able to watch on my roku. Not sure what to do about the naming. But it works pretty well. http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/

Seen this that I posted last night? http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...el-for-NextPVR

While it wont do inprogress or live tv, it has a basic view of your recordings in plex and will playback on a IOS client or roku. Without having to transcode first.