Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Development ramblings

Looking forward to the extras

@Smacrae go hunt out a BD-E5900 they play everything
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Hi Stunstunz,

No good, I want to buy the latest F series TV's (x5) and i have no idea if this plug-in will work or not...making it worse I can't trial it in the store....so it's a complete unknown if it will work or not.

Means I can't really proceed in the way I wanted....

-SM
    Specs
    Server: Intel Gen3 i7, OS-Windows 7 (64-bit), 8Gb RAM, 60Gb SSD OS drive, 8TB RAID5 Storage, 2 x dual tuner HDHomeRun (DVB-T)
    Client: 4 x Intel NUC i3 4Gb RAM, 120Gb SSD
    Client: Samsung [AU][DVB-T][2013]BD-F6500 skipping broken

Hello,

Could I please test the beta application?
    If someone could provide the server IP and credentials then that would be much appreciated!

Samsung TV 2012 model UK region DVB-T, TV: ES6900

Many thanks
    Dan

sorry I won't be letting any "newbies" (people with very low forum posts) be part of the testers. They usually just download it and never report back.

Usually but not always. fred250 has 40 posts today, and is writing a "competitor" to your Samsung player for LG. Fredrik was instrumental in testing my original MVP client way back in 2006, and I can honestly say without him my MVP and NMT clients would never have been released.

Martin

agreed, I have stated before its not always true, but its more often the case. I have given it to 2 forum newbies, 1 hasn't made a single post the other has made a couple. And I'm more interested in advanced users who know all the advanced tricks or have very large guides/number of recordings/rules etc.

I've got enough testers ATM, I know most things are working that are completed (not getting many bug reports), and the only issue that is kept mentioned is the skipping issue which is out of my control and there is a work around for.

I wouldnt call a LG app a competitor I'm glad he's working on it, I was thinking about porting my app to run on different smart tvs (95% of the code is just vanilla HTML, javascript and css, could pretty easily hook it up to another HTML based smart tv API). I've designed it on purpose this way, as I'll want to port it to google tv when I get a hold of one of those.

The only things really tied to samsung are
    - the player, which is just an HTML element and then I have a "Player" class wrapper to control playback, so could make subclasses of "SamsungPlayer", "LgPlayer", "GoogleTVPlayer" etc
    - the keyboard for input, also could be easily subclassed
    - detection code to see if its a BR or TV (for different remote buttons, the remote class is already abstracted out, so I have "remote.Guide(keyCode)" and that returns true depending on what actual button was pressed for what type of player (for TVs its the guide button, for blurays its err another button).

And the rest is just plain old html,js.

Hey Reven can you just clarify something for me
    With The files that me and smcrae uploaded
    How did they skip untouched on your 2012 and 2013 tvs?
    Like was it close to a minute each time?
    Or did they skip roughly 4minutes then to 15 on second press ?
    (I know you are over talking about it but I'm just wondering)
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Perhaps my status here is "newbie" which is fair enough. However I can assure you that I am far from "newbie" in the software engineering realm.

Anyhow, when might us "newbies" expect an ETA on a working client?

Realistically from past experience getting any beta client processed via samsung for general consumption is an up hill struggle.. we're talking at least 3 to 4 months and then its critical everything is fully functional before they'll release it..

lol, im still waiting on a partner request response from them (submitted in July).

I may change the deployment model until then, and just let people download it via instructions and register within the app somehow.

I'll open it up to more beta testers once the next version of nextpvr is out as that will require lots more testing around recording scheduling etc, right now most of it is just viewing the guide, watching recordings and watching live tv, dont need a lot of testers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    Hey Reven can you just clarify something for me
    With The files that me and smcrae uploaded
    How did they skip untouched on your 2012 and 2013 tvs?
    Like was it close to a minute each time?
    Or did they skip roughly 4minutes then to 15 on second press ?
    (I know you are over talking about it but I'm just wondering)
    looking into this now, my 2013 had the same issues with the skipping as you guys (2mins then 15mins or something). Just trying to load up my 2012 BR which has decided it wants to go dog slow just in the smarthub....