Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WebRadio 4.0 pre-wiki release

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    Worked last week-end - worked this week-end
    Thanks
    Yesterday Sunday 07 Sept I was looking around in WebRadio and found that Shoutcast, Tunein (RadioTime) and Reciva were no longer providing Genre Lists etc.
    Thankfully Shoutcast and Tunein now appear to be back up and working, but Reciva is returning blank files, has there been a change in how Reciva works? - not much info to be found on the www about them.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

Ok I fixed the url that changed and Reciva should be good to go. You might need to delete cached Reciva stations. Genre and Location were both working here in my tests.

I've also placed the new 4.0 on the wiki, it was pre-wiki too long.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Genre and Location were both working here in my tests.

Martin
    Reciva working fine here thanks

I have just started Moding some of the Shoutcast Genres - Lots of Genres have been changed in the last few years causing problems - I guess there are no updated Genre files?

Changing Electronica to Electronic was easy - as was putting the n in Techno always wondered why there was never any listings for that.

2 Problems I have come upon How to escape the [&] in the URL and how to have spaces in the URL now that lots of the genres have them as in [R&B and Urban] etc.

Edit
    Just found %26 for the ampersand ??

If I can get round to updating them then I'll post em
    Last edited by Lao Pan; 2014-09-09 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Pan View Post
    2 Problems I have come upon How to escape the [&] in the URL and how to have spaces in the URL now that lots of the genres have them as in [R&B and Urban] etc.

Edit
    Just found %26 for the ampersand ??
    Try %20 for space
    Tuners: Ceton InfiniTV quad cable card tuner (PCIe). SD HDHR Connect Quatro Tuner (HDHR5-4US). Use only QAM on HDHR. HDPVR - for Fox owned channels.
    Viewing: Usually an NMT connected via MoCA. Sometimes directly on the server below. Sometimes when I travel I use an NMT served from my laptop with a portable hard-drive.
    EPG: XML from SchedulesDirect via MC2XML
    Provider: Verizon Fios
    Server: Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8.1

I have attached the official list the api returns no, I will automate the use of this for the next build.

Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here are the 2 Shoutcast Genre Files Updated to take account of the Genre changes that have taken place.

In the All Genres File I have grouped them with the Major Genres in Square Brackets followed by its group of Minor Genres.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for making those. I still have to decide if I like a hierarchical list, since I am used to using the alpha keys or % jumps to navigate the big list. Also I have noticed that the parent choice is not the same as selecting all the children, so it probably needs to be in the all genre list without brackets (again for alpha jumping).

Martin