Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem installing on BD-H6500

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    did you try out freds app to see if it would load i pm'd you the link
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, same result.

I tried both the samsungAppLoader and direct 76.76.102.42, everything seems to work, but no icon appears in the Hub screen.

Again did a number of packet captures: see the request go to the IP address provided, see the redirect to the dropbox location, see the Sammy lookup & connect to dropbox, see the Sammy appear to successfully download about 1.8M of data, but still no icon.

Also tried ticking all the files available through samsungAppLoader, all to no avail...

Thanks for chipping in!

AHA!!!!

Just tried the simple test2 and it DID work - icon appeared.

So, for some reason the BD will load some apps, but not others. Security / rights / other weird issue?

Cheers!

I suspect it's the same "TVAppSecurity" error I'm getting on my BD-FM59C, except for some reason you're not getting the actual error pop-up message (probably just some difference in the H model firmware); everything else is the same though - you try to load a full non-market app and it goes through the motions but no icon appears, but the simple Test2 'redirector' app loads fine.

I've asked reven if he'd be willing to make his app available the same way fred250 has (put the app itself on the npvr web server, and install a redirector app on the BD player to load the app from the web server), but he initially declined which is understandable given that up until then I was the only user who'd reported any issue installing his app. At this point, I'm hoping more users encounter the same problem such that a solution has to be implemented: either find out why the apps won't install on some players and resolve it, or more fully implement the "redirector app to load from npvr web server" solution for both fred's and reven's apps.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 4.2.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 8/Kodi 16.1 (last version with good 1080i MPEG-2 playback) & X-NEWA 2.5.1

basically i need to repo the issue some how then go through each external js reference or samsung api call and find out which one(s) is causing it.

ive only got 1 external ip and cant publish test builds like this without effecting other users.

ill try and do some more digging on the forums etc to see if anyone else has encountered this and if theres common things to check.

but blindly just commenting out stuff to see what will get it to install is time consuming and me and someone else both need to be available for immediate testing/deployment.
    Last edited by reven; 2014-05-27 at 06:36 PM.

although since this is becoming an issue, its probably enough for me to get some development done and fix the deleting recording issue.

Quote Originally Posted by reven View Post
    ive only got 1 external ip and cant publish test builds like this without effect other users.... and me and someone else both need to be available for immediate testing/deployment.
    I'm willing to be your test subject

I can deploy various builds to my internal server and try them out if you like. Could also do some mods under instruction if necessary.

Let me know if/when you want to go ahead...

but i have a problem on my samsung bluray player, BD-H6500, i can't enter ip address....pls help

Bumpety-bump-bump

Quote Originally Posted by reven View Post
    although since this is becoming an issue, its probably enough for me to get some development done and fix the deleting recording issue.
    Hi Reven, hope you are doing well.

Has this project now withered on the vine, or is it merely taking a bit of a vacation?

If the former, would you consider open sourcing it?

If the latter, is there any assistance you would like from the community?

Cheers!!