Thread: PCH not working after IP address change

PCH not working after IP address change

Hi,
    I have had a PCH working successfully for some time now, but having got a new router I was forced to change the ip address range I was using. Since then I have failed to get the PCH working again. I have changed the address in the settings on the box. The box gets as far as the press enter to stop loading NPVR screen but never loads.

Am I right in thinking that to get this screen means that the PCH is communicating with the media server correctly, if so I don't understand why it now does not load NPVR. Is there another reference to the old ip addresses somewhere I have forgotten that needs changing.

Must be something obvious it is only a couple of ip addresses that changed,

Thanks for any help
    "Media PC": Antec Fusion MAX VERIS Black ATX Media Center Case, Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Graphics: EVGA GeForce 210 512MB DDR3
    Motherboard: ASUS P5QL-E iP43, Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz, Memory Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 XMS2
    Progam disc / video / photo / music 2TB Western Digital , Recordings disc Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB SATAII 32MB Cache
    Tunners, Hauppage PVR 150, Twinhann sat 1022A, Pinnacle 7010iX twin DVB-T & twin DVB-S

Perhaps your PCH has the IP address hard coded in it, so it is searching for the server at the old address? Check out step 2 of the wiki here: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....stallingmvpmc2 That may help you get it sorted.
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, Nvidia GT710, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 4.2.4
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

You likely need to redo the mvpmc share and edit the IP in npvr.cgi If that doesn't work it's best to start with running the NMT Syntax check.

Martin

Thanks guys, what I had missed was the IP address held in npvr.cgi , updated that and away it went!
    "Media PC": Antec Fusion MAX VERIS Black ATX Media Center Case, Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Graphics: EVGA GeForce 210 512MB DDR3
    Motherboard: ASUS P5QL-E iP43, Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz, Memory Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 XMS2
    Progam disc / video / photo / music 2TB Western Digital , Recordings disc Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB SATAII 32MB Cache
    Tunners, Hauppage PVR 150, Twinhann sat 1022A, Pinnacle 7010iX twin DVB-T & twin DVB-S