Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GBPVR support for Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1900 or Hauppauge HD-PVR (PAL)

You could try building a graph for the device (ie, cross filter to capture filter to video renderer), then try viewing the properties of the capture filter and set the video standard to PAL, to see if it shows the whole picture. If it does, then I could probably try forcing it to PAL in NextPVR.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    You could try building a graph for the device (ie, cross filter to capture filter to video renderer), then try viewing the properties of the capture filter and set the video standard to PAL, to see if it shows the whole picture. If it does, then I could probably try forcing it to PAL in NextPVR.
    That sounds challenging. It's been ages since I've done this but I presume I use Graphedit to create the graph?

Yes, you'd use graphedit (or graphstudio or graphstudionext), to create a graph.

From the 'WDM Streaming Crossbars' category, insert the crossbar filter for your device. From the 'WDM Streaming Capture Devices' category, insert the capture filter for your device. Connect the two output pins from the crossbar, to the two input pins of the capture filter, then right click on the 'capture' output pin on the capture filter, and select 'Render Pin'.

Right click on the crossbar, and make sure the input is set to 'Video Composite In' then click 'Apply'.

Click the run - you should see NTSC video. Next step, try viewing the properties of the capture filter, and changing the video standard to PAL,.

Yes, you'd use graphedit (or graphstudio or graphstudionext), to create a graph.

From the 'WDM Streaming Crossbars' category, insert the crossbar filter for your device. From the 'WDM Streaming Capture Devices' category, insert the capture filter for your device. Connect the two output pins from the crossbar, to the two input pins of the capture filter, then right click on the 'capture' output pin on the capture filter, and select 'Render Pin'.

Right click on the crossbar, and make sure the input is set to 'Video Composite In' then click 'Apply'.

Click the run - you should see NTSC video. Next step, try viewing the properties of the capture filter, and changing the video standard to PAL,.
    I think I am doing something wrong. I have the WDM Streaming Crossbars category and the WDM Streaming Capture Devices set in the graph.

I am actually using s-video for the input which should not make any difference to the graph.

But when I right click the capture pin render is greyed out so I can't preview the video.

I know the video is coming in since I can capture okay with gbpvr but I can't seem to build a working graph.

But wait...

I just did a test recording again to confirm I could capture okay and now the recorded content is PAL(!). What I did do was on the Capture Filter change the output format to PAL G (as shown). So I guess Graphedit set the card to PAL as you were planning to do in NPVR.

Not sure if that is what you planned but the outcome is what I wanted so thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Yes, sounds like the device can probably do PAL from composite/svideo. If you'd been using the tuner you'd probably have been out of luck.

If you can post your npvr.log and nrecord.log, showing an attempt to watch tv on the device, I'll make a patch which forces it to pal.

Yes, sounds like the device can probably do PAL from composite/svideo. If you'd been using the tuner you'd probably have been out of luck.

If you can post your npvr.log and nrecord.log, showing an attempt to watch tv on the device, I'll make a patch which forces it to pal.
    Actually that might be a while since I actually did my recording with GBPVR and since that's working I don't plan to try to install the capture device in NPVR and have to deal with the additional hassle of an external IR blaster solution.

For the benefit of others (if indeed there are such users out there) would a similar log for GBPVR give you clues on how to change NPVR to force the device to PAL mode?

For me it seems Graphedt did that so as long as I don't power off the device, it will hopefully remain in PAL mode and I can fix it again with Graphedt should I need to.

Ok, fair enough.

Yes, as mentioned, it'll reset to NTSC when you reboot. When you switch to NextPVR, I'll be able to give you a patch to make PAL automatically without needing to use GraphEdit.

Ok, fair enough.

Yes, as mentioned, it'll reset to NTSC when you reboot. When you switch to NextPVR, I'll be able to give you a patch to make PAL automatically without needing to use GraphEdit.
    Since Graphedt made the change, wouldn't they be registry entries and be sticky across a reboot?

I will check that out tonight when I'm back home.

Quote Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
    Since Graphedt made the change, wouldn't they be registry entries and be sticky across a reboot?
    I wouldn't expect them to be sticky across reboots. I'd expect these values to be held in memory inside the driver, and reset to board defaults on reboot.

I wouldn't expect them to be sticky across reboots. I'd expect these values to be held in memory inside the driver, and reset to board defaults on reboot.
    As usual you're right. It did not stick across a reboot but I just saved the graph and can readily reset it on a reboot. That isn't going to be very often since I migrated from a hard drive based system to one using a Brix ultracompact PC with no moving parts. I don't expect to have to reboot much at all.

Out of interest are any of the GBPVR logs of use?