Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PCH won't play videos after upgrade to 3.2.9

Just noticed this thread and it struck me that I have experienced the same issue some time ago.
    I suspect that installing the new version changed the account that runs your NextPVR service and the instances that PCH uses.
    In services change the account for to the “NPVR Recording Service” to a normal user account that can log on to your computer and also can access the F: share.

I hope this helps.

/Fred

I changed the login account for NPVR Recording Service to the same one I use to login but it didn't make any difference. I rebooted the PCH and menus are fine but it won't play anything. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Allen

I didn't expect this would work since your logs show that the MVP server could read Timing.Info and the file itself. If it's not firewall or antivirus related to blocking port 8866 from remote devices I continue to have no clue how this can happen.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by bac42x View Post
    I changed the login account for NPVR Recording Service to the same one I use to login but it didn't make any difference. I rebooted the PCH and menus are fine but it won't play anything. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Allen
    Too bad it didn't work.
    OK. it wont play anything..., I guess I didn't read the tread in detail as I assumed you were only having trouble with playing videos from a network share.
    Sorry I can't come up any with other ideas that hasn't already been suggested by Martin.

/Fred

Sub, any chance you can take a look at this issue? I'm dead in the water.

Allen

I didn't reply because I hate it when threads get hijacked and bac42x has been looking at help from sub for a while.

Martin

Well, I wasn't sure - I thought it might be a related problem. But maybe you will reply once I have moved my post, which I just have.

Thanks