Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nDroid TE Beta Testers - anyone out there?

nDroid TE Beta Testers - anyone out there?

Hi folks,

I posted v2.1.2 to the beta testing phase on Friday morning. Members of the Google Group should have received an email.

Have any of you updated, tested. got any thoughts?

I've spent much of the weekend working on v2.1.4 and it's almost ready to go to Beta and would appreciate some feedback.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by bgowland; 2014-06-02 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Corrected version

I just got an update to 2.1.2 (not 2.1.3)

I'll have a play with it later tonight...

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    I just got an update to 2.1.2 (not 2.1.3)

I'll have a play with it later tonight...

Alex
    Oops, my bad. You're right, it's 2.1.2 in beta - I did an Alpha version of 2.1.3 for my own testing purposes which is why the next version I'm working on will be 2.1.4.
    Last edited by bgowland; 2014-06-02 at 06:40 PM.

I didn't see an email, I will have to check if I'm in the google group......
    TBH I have neglected this since the novelty of the tablet has worn off a little and the arrival of the Samsung app.
    Rain forecast for the morning so no excuse not to fire it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    I didn't see an email, I will have to check if I'm in the google group......
    I can't see a name/email address in the group members list which relates to your npvr forum name so you're possibly not. If you go to Google Play and see v2.0.9 then definitely not - if you see v2.1.2 then you are a member of the group.

As for an Android tablet being a "novelty"...tsk, tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    As for an Android tablet being a "novelty"...tsk, tsk.
    They'll certainly be handy when the world cup is on and there is a sudden requirement to spend some time in the throne room

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    They'll certainly be handy when the world cup is on and there is a sudden requirement to spend some time in the throne room
    Indeed! Just make sure it has a fully charged battery to cope with all eventualities.

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    Indeed! Just make sure it has a fully charged battery to cope with all eventualities.
    I'm rather well known as a man who treats his batteries with the utmost care...

Need any more beta testers?
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 5TB+ HDDs | 2x BlackGold Twin HD DVB-T| ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
    Client 1: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | SPDIF pass through
    Client 2: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | C-MEDIA USB DAC
    Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzweed View Post
    Need any more beta testers?
    Sure. Just follow the instruction in the sticky... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...s-Google-Group

Once I've approved your group membership you should be able to download beta versions of the app from Google Play - you can opt out at any time if you want to go back to using the public version of the app (although you'd need to uninstall the beta version and re-install the release version if you do opt out).

EDIT: The current 2.1.2 beta doesn't have a fix for the Search option on handsets but the (as of yet) unreleased v2.1.4 does. I'm waiting on a bit of feedback for v2.1.2 before uploading another beta version.
    Last edited by bgowland; 2014-06-03 at 08:40 AM.