Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Recording Service Stop

Another Recording Service Stop

This morning I woke up and checked NextPVR, and found the Recording Service had stopped again. I had scheduled to record a program from 3:59-4:30am Pacific, and I have the red message on screen "Recording service was stopped during recording". When I check the recording, I see that I actually have 26 minutes recorded. There was another timer set to record from 4:25-4:35am Pacific, and that recording failed with the message "Recording service not running at recording time". So, it seems the first recording failed when the second recording attempted to start, at 4:25am. Again, the log folder is too large to attach in a single message, so the first of two zip files is attached to this one; the second zip file will follow.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Second of two log files attached.

Thanks for the logs. I'll take a look.

Probably best to just keep the discussion in one thread, rather than creating a new thread each time, so all information is together in one place.

Have you got another c:\temp\crash.mdmp you can supply?

Quote Originally Posted by NND View Post
    So, it seems the first recording failed when the second recording attempted to start, at 4:25am.
    Yeah, it definitely seems like that is the case in the logs. Hopefully you've still got a c:\temp\crash.mdmp. I'm hoping it'll have some more clues.

Sorry if I broke protocol by starting a new thread. Attached are the current contents of the temp folder. After this morning's early failure I restarted the Recording Service, and had another program set to record from 9:30-9:45am Pacific. That also failed "Recording service not running at recording time". And, of course the Recording Service was stopped again. There were no other recordings set to record at that time, or anywhere close to it. I have now restarted the Recording Service again.

Woke up this morning to find the Recordings Service had stopped again. This time it appeared unrelated to any overnight recordings - none were scheduled or lost. It had just stopped on its own. Logs and crash dump available at this link:

https://we.tl/n7kunXgJwQ

And, it stopped again. I'm wondering if NextPVR is generating any type of 'stay alive' message, looking for an active program source, and maybe is getting an unexpected response from the IPTV provider? The EPG is also set to update overnight - might that be related?

Sorry, I sent you a PM yesterday with a new build, I'm guessing you didn't see that message yet since these dumps are from the old build. Please take a look at the PM. Please take a look at that PM, and update your build, then post the crash.mdmp and logs next time it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NND View Post
    And, it stopped again. I'm wondering if NextPVR is generating any type of 'stay alive' message, looking for an active program source, and maybe is getting an unexpected response from the IPTV provider? The EPG is also set to update overnight - might that be related?
    There is no communication between NextPVR and the IPTV provider, other than when it starts the recording or pulls in the EPG.