Thread: Happaugue 45 button remote on NMT

Happaugue 45 button remote on NMT

Hi I've just been forced to upgrade to NPVR from GBPVR this week due to purchasing a tuner not supported on GBPVR. It was not as painful as I thought it would be and was pleased to find the bedroom MPV can play TS files and live TV (which was not the case a few years back).

Unfortunately I said to the wife that the NMT in the living room can be configured to use the Happaugue 45 button remote (according to the tips and tricks page) but I can not find a valid link to download the lirc1 file. Can anyone help me please - she hates the NMT remote and I do like to keep her happy whenever possible.

Thanks, Paul

Recording since Jan 2006 - nearly 9 years and the first recording is still playable and it looks like it will be for another 10 years. I hate change.

Here is a zip of the one I'm using for our Hauppauge remotes.... even though I wrote that section of the wiki I can't for the life of me now remember if any other files are required for this (but I don't think so)

(I will look at uploading it to the wiki a bit later today so it is a bit more permanent)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Jaggy for the prompt reply.

Yep - excellent that has almost worked - only the play button seems dead. To cancel Fast Forward I can hit pause to stop FF and pause again to play so I have a workaround. Any ideas to get the play button working?

Paul

Is play only not working after using FF. if you pause & then press play does that work??

I have found FF (as opposed to big skip) to be a bit troublesome for me, as in it will work just fine 80% of the time but 20% no matter how many times I press play nothing happens & I have always ended up pressing stop which always works just fine (I will try pause next time) & then resuming & skipping back.

To add to that... I have also changed the keys in config so I have smallSkip & FF/FR on the buttons close to the play & pause button & bigSkip on the side arrow buttons which works well for me (button wise)

I think this was all I had to do to get it like that

Code:
        <SkipForwardSeconds>10</SkipForwardSeconds>
        <SkipBackSeconds>10</SkipBackSeconds>
        <SkipFFSeconds>60</SkipFFSeconds>
        <SkipRWSeconds>30</SkipRWSeconds>
        <PrePlayDelay>500</PrePlayDelay>
        <FFRWBehaviour>Fast Play</FFRWBehaviour>
        <FastPlayStepSize>1.2</FastPlayStepSize>
        <FastPlayStepFrequencyMS>100</FastPlayStepFrequencyMS>
    Last edited by Jaggy; 2014-11-13 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I was wrong

Oddly enough this evening we had the first recording with NextPVR (since I changed to it from GB-PVR 11 months ago) that wouldn't skip as the timeline went from looking fine at the start of the recording to displaying -05: somitOrOther part way through, but FF worked flawlessly on it for all the add breaks & play resumed it playing each time so I didn't need to try the pause/pause option.

Hi Jaggy,

More info - play *does* work from the happuague remote - but only approx 10% of the time - holding down play until it works seems to do the job. Play on the proper nmt remote works all the time.

The happaugue remote works fine on the MVP so I don't believe it is a fault of the remote.

Paul

short skipping or fast play preference depends on the quality of the time line data - for me fast play has been the more reliable - but i had to choose the right demux stuff on gbpvr - and once you have it working enough leave it alone and don't upgrade or you'll find sync is a problem or something.