Thread: GBRecord92

GBRecord92

I would like to give GBRecord92 a whirl since there don't seem to be other ways to digitize analog video with hardware MPEG-2 encoding.

I want to use a long-of-tooth Pentium 3 @667Mhz system and Windows XP SP3 for this project. This eliminates VirtualDub which wants at least a P4.

I have a Blackbird (Conexant 23880/23416) capture board, apparently pulled from an HP Media PC. HP's driver update installed successfully.

So far I am able to capture with DScaler 4.1.15, but only to AVI files at more than 1/2 GB per minute. I would definitely like to try my card's hardware MPEG-2 encoding to take advantage of much smaller file sizes and minimal CPU load. Doing this via a command line utility is no problem, so I am hoping someone has a copy of GBRecord that I could download or receive as a file attachment.

- David

That's a blast from the past. Sorry, just searched my hard drive and can't find it. I suspect it has been lost years ago in one my various machine upgrades.

The -v on the copy on my backend says .91 sorry. If you want it let me know.

Martin

gotit :)

found it...v.92
    attached..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

Profound thanks to PBS and to everyone else who looked for this software. Progress report to follow.

- David