Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPVRConflicts - Email you if there are recording conflicts

NPVRConflicts - Email you if there are recording conflicts

I have set up NextPVR with 4 ATSC tuners and with its ability to record back to back (even with padding) on a single tuner, I hope to not have conflicts. However, because I use it mainly as a recording engine and not a watching app, I wanted a way to know in advance if there were recording conflicts. This app can be placed in the PostUpdateEPG.bat file after adding your own values to the xml file and putting the .exe and .config in your Program Files\NPVR directory.

If you keep noconflictemail set to true, you will get an email that there are no conflicts each time this is run. This is useful for testing to make sure it can send email out to you.

The rest of the config should be self explanatory, but feel free to ask here if you have questions or if you have any issues using the app. It is very bare bones with no error checking.

Dan

Updated with version 1.1.1.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by danorum; 2015-09-12 at 11:56 PM. Reason: updated

Changelog -

1.1.1 - (9/12/2015) Fixed bug that caused withinxdays to always be 7.
    1.1 - (9/12/2015) Added withinxdays so that you can limit how far out it will alert you of conflicts.
    1.0 - (9/11/2015) Original Release
    Last edited by danorum; 2015-09-12 at 07:17 PM.

I made this sticky for you so that people can find it. I think many will find this a useful function.

Suggestion:

There are some conditions where you will get a conflict on an episode when it's first scheduled at the very limit of your EPG data, but the conflict will go away by itself the next day or within a couple of days as alternate airings appear in the schedule; even if it wouldn't go away on it's own, when the conflict first appears you may not have any options for resolving it. Personally, on the chance I do get a conflict, I don't want to know about it until it's only 3 or 4 days away... that's when the conflict is surely "for real", all the EPG data near it is solid (no placeholder entries like you sometimes see 2 or 3 weeks out), and I have all available options for resolving it.

So I suggest adding a parameter for how many days out from today the program will look for conflicts. I'd suggest a default setting of "7", but you could set it to "30" to effectively disable it unless a user wants to enable it. Either way, since everyone has to edit the config there's not much chance the setting will be missed.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 4.2.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 8/Kodi 16.1 (last version with good 1080i MPEG-2 playback) & X-NEWA 2.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I made this sticky for you so that people can find it. .
    Bad precedent, that's what announcements are for. I don't want every addon to be a sticky.

Martin

I think a simple utility that doesn't need a forum can best be handled with a single sticky thread. The announcement forum doesn't really make sense to me for long-term availability/support, though I know it's been used that way sometimes. I was actually thinking of suggesting that a couple of your utils like imagegrablite and sharehelper maybe should have stickies too. I agree that we don't want 30 stickies here, but a few will be useful; we can police them, if a utility like this becomes unsupported or deprecated, UNSTICK!
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    my server: NPVR 4.2.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 8/Kodi 16.1 (last version with good 1080i MPEG-2 playback) & X-NEWA 2.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Bad precedent, that's what announcements are for. I don't want every addon to be a sticky.

Martin
    Maybe unsticky it when I get rights to get it added to the Wiki?

Dan

I made this sticky for you so that people can find it. I think many will find this a useful function.

Suggestion:

There are some conditions where you will get a conflict on an episode when it's first scheduled at the very limit of your EPG data, but the conflict will go away by itself the next day or within a couple of days as alternate airings appear in the schedule; even if it wouldn't go away on it's own, when the conflict first appears you may not have any options for resolving it. Personally, on the chance I do get a conflict, I don't want to know about it until it's only 3 or 4 days away... that's when the conflict is surely "for real", all the EPG data near it is solid (no placeholder entries like you sometimes see 2 or 3 weeks out), and I have all available options for resolving it.

So I suggest adding a parameter for how many days out from today the program will look for conflicts. I'd suggest a default setting of "7", but you could set it to "30" to effectively disable it unless a user wants to enable it. Either way, since everyone has to edit the config there's not much chance the setting will be missed.
    I think this is a great suggestion and will add it.

Dan

wow, posted updated version (presumably tested and debugged) 18 minutes after saying he'd do it... a near sub-like level of efficiency.

wow, posted updated version (presumably tested and debugged) 18 minutes after saying he'd do it... a near sub-like level of efficiency.
    Well... not tested, but the if was pretty simple.. Testing conflicts is a pain. I may even have to set up a VM just for testing.

EDIT: Of course the if logic was simple, but I put the code to get the config variable in the wrong place (so it is always 7 days in 1.1). New version coming in five minutes.
    Last edited by danorum; 2015-09-12 at 07:13 PM.

I think a simple utility that doesn't need a forum can best be handled with a single sticky thread. The announcement forum doesn't really make sense to me for long-term availability/support, though I know it's been used that way sometimes. I was actually thinking of suggesting that a couple of your utils like imagegrablite and sharehelper maybe should have stickies too. I agree that we don't want 30 stickies here, but a few will be useful; we can police them, if a utility like this becomes unsupported or deprecated, UNSTICK!
    Still dumb seems like it really is johsononx42 arbitrarily deciding what is important or not as an addoon. The announcement was for exposure not support.

Martin