Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: NextPVR - EPG Setup - XML/XMLTV EPG - Zap2it & Zap2xml

Quote Originally Posted by donm168@gmail.com View Post
    This has been an issue for me for months. I have been able to work my way through my problems until now. The last time I had things working - somewhat - I had to run the routine manually. If I forgot, the menu would eventually be empty. Now, I can't even get that done. It appears to me that everything is OK except that the data does not appear in the Menu. I tried the suggested (-a) but that made no difference.
    Looks like you've had no listings in your C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\epg.xml file the last couple of nights when NextPVR read the file. ie, some bug in whatever you're running in UpdateEPG.bat

I just discovered that the mapping I have done previously has somehow changed. Further, the listing of choices for mapping I am presented with does not match the choices I have made at zap2it. Does anyone know how I can change that? Most likely, a question for zap2it.

Well, what do you know about that? The answer to MY problem was me (again). Apparently, some time ago, I logged in and checked program listings for another provider. I logged in again a while ago and checked the listings I am looking for in NPVR. And, there it is, working like it should have once I mapped them all again. The unexplained thing is that I have been checking the same listings in a browser and seeing exactly what I wanted but without logging in. Whatever you were checking when you last logged in, that is what the station listing will show.

I think i'm having a problem similar to what some other people were describing... I was working great with the old zap2xml and it stopped working. (not logging in) I upgraded to the new version, it is logging in fine, using the same update.bat file.. it creates my channels.xml files, but when I go into NextPVR i'm not seeing anything in the guide. I cleared the cache folder, and cleared the EPG in next PVR. tried the -a switch someone suggested, but still nothing...any ideas? thanks

Follow the steps in post #103 especially the last step since channel id's have changed on zap2it.com so your old nextpvr channels won't match with anything in your new channels.xml file.

I got this working thanks for the first post. I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere already, but how do I run the UpdateEPG.bat on a timer so I don't have to do it manually every 10 days or whatever?

UpdateEPG.bat is run every time you do any EPG update. Users typically do this with a daily run with a run time setup in Settings. It is best to choose a time when no recordings are typically taking place.

Note that this part of zap2xml configuration has been the hardest for many users.

Martin

THANKS so much for this How To...priceless for my situation living in very low signal level location, 95-miles from transmitters having horrible EPG population reliability. This is fantastic! Thanks again for your time and effort!

pulling data from a zap2it account
    It fails for me, it tries to access a non existant file
    [133] Post SH00733129: https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/api/pr...verviewDetails

[D] Parsing: EP007331290387
    [134] Post SH02396142: https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/api/pr...verviewDetails

Failed to open 'cache/OEP023961420067.js.gz': Invalid argument at script/zap2xml.pl line 987.

Need help. Followed the instruction and it works up to "Update EPG" button in Settings>Channel. My issue is "Auto Update EPG". After the preset EPG Update Hour, there's no update. If this is user vs localsystem issue, how to fix?

Found a workaround in Windows 10. I created another batch file called updateepgonly.bat with these 2 lines.

@ECHO OFF
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\nextpvr.exe" -updateepgonly

Then in windows "Task Scheduler", created a basic task to run this batch file daily.
    Last edited by acegolfer; 2019-08-11 at 11:59 AM.