Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD PCIe

Latest logs attached. Since yesterday, I had to rescan due to three out of four recordings still failing after the corrupted database issue was fixed. As I said above, the number of channels jumped to 178 on the rescan but two of the WinTV-quadHD tuners reported no channels when scanning and thus still show the 170 that were previously present. I'd clear those 170 out of the two seemingly non-functioning tuners but it seems to involve clicking on Delete 340 times.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unfortunately you don't have all the logs, it looks like the recording service crashed. Are there any errors showing in the Windows Event viewer.

Martin

Tried again with the logs, attached.

No warning in Windows Event Viewer for applications anywhere recent prior to the problem, although there is one under WEV > Windows Logs > Applications roughly 12-14 hours after (which is also after I attempted to retune). That relates to ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sitush; 2019-01-24 at 07:31 PM. Reason: fix log

OK, looks like I will have to try a reinstall then.

sitush,

Your best bet might be to set up a test, using a clean database, with your Nova-T unplugged, so we can easily see the state of each of the four tuners. ie, stop the recording service, temporarily rename your npvr.db3 to npvr.keep or similar, so that when you start NextPVR and go to the Settings->Devices, it only lists your quadHD device. Scan one device, double click each of the other devices, and accept it's offer to copy the channels from the existing device. Then try to schedule four recordings, on separate frequencies, let them complete, then post the logs if any failed.

Ok, I was going to reinstall this weekend but will try your suggestion first. I'm building a new backend for a relative, so might hang fire until that is done - should be early next week.

I have the same problem with Windows 10. It seems pretty clear that it is a problem with NextPVR as driver issues don't cause part of a card to work generally. If anyone actually responds to this thread, I would post all the log files but I am assuming this thread is dead for now as it has been 2 years since last post.

This to thread is a mess open a new thread with logs and a description of what problem you are talking about.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jobby99 View Post
    I have the same problem with Windows 10. It seems pretty clear that it is a problem with NextPVR as driver issues don't cause part of a card to work generally. If anyone actually responds to this thread, I would post all the log files but I am assuming this thread is dead for now as it has been 2 years since last post.
    What problem exactly? This post is 11 pages long, and rambles on about different sorts of things, some related to the quadHD, but mostly not.

As far as I know, the WinTV-quadHD works fine with NextPVR. I'm successfully able to use all four tuners with mine. Do you have any other Hauppauge tuners connected at the same time?

No problem for me. I'm on Windows 10 V 1903.
    ~Paul

Setup: NextPVR, Serviio, WinTV-quadHD and WinTV-HVR-955Q. Custom Roku channel developer. Feeding Tube Advocate. About me or http://chambers.pw.

If you haven't broken it at least once, you're not doing it right.