Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: FF or RW??

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    ZIP and post the nDroid Service logs after you've tried streaming a recording and let me know date, time, recording name and I'll try to see what's happening.

    Hmmm, I'd need to check, I thought I'd fixed an issue with Recordings not updating a long time ago.

    Cheers,
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    ZIP and post the nDroid Service logs after you've tried streaming a recording and let me know date, time, recording name and I'll try to see what's happening.

    Hmmm, I'd need to check, I thought I'd fixed an issue with Recordings not updating a long time ago.

    Cheers,
    Brian
    Re Moboplayer - Seems to be working now!

    Re recordings not updating, I'm running the following versions... does anything need updating?

    nDroid client: 1.9.0
    nDroid service: 2.0.2
    nPVR version: 2.6.2 (yes I know I'm a bit behind here)
    AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz (onboard ATI HD6550 graphics), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 500GB Hard drives, Hauppauge Colossus 2 (HDMI), Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (DVB-T), Windows 10 64 bit, NPVR 4.0.4, MCE Remote/IR Blaster, IR Server Suite blasting to SKY TV (NZ) OnDemand set top box (Kaon NS1120).

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,541
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
    Re recordings not updating, I'm running the following versions... does anything need updating?

    nDroid client: 1.9.0
    nDroid service: 2.0.2
    nPVR version: 2.6.2 (yes I know I'm a bit behind here)
    Just to clarify - you're using the original nDroid rather than nDroid (TE)? I seem to remember I started TE at v2.x anyway so I'm probably answering my own question.

    Have you tried TE? It should work on phones as well as tablets and has slightly more sophisticated ways for handling recordings etc.

    The nDroid Service version is the last public release I made so you're good with that. You might want to try nDroid (TE) - it will co-exist on the same Android device as the original nDroid without problems.

    Cheers,
    Brian

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    Just to clarify - you're using the original nDroid rather than nDroid (TE)? I seem to remember I started TE at v2.x anyway so I'm probably answering my own question.

    Have you tried TE? It should work on phones as well as tablets and has slightly more sophisticated ways for handling recordings etc.

    The nDroid Service version is the last public release I made so you're good with that. You might want to try nDroid (TE) - it will co-exist on the same Android device as the original nDroid without problems.

    Cheers,
    Brian
    Tried TE and it works well, except the recordings are still not updating until 24-48 hours after they've occurred. Any ideas??

    Also, if I can get the recordings to update correctly is it possible to watch a recording that is in progress on nDroid?

    Many thanks
    AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz (onboard ATI HD6550 graphics), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 500GB Hard drives, Hauppauge Colossus 2 (HDMI), Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (DVB-T), Windows 10 64 bit, NPVR 4.0.4, MCE Remote/IR Blaster, IR Server Suite blasting to SKY TV (NZ) OnDemand set top box (Kaon NS1120).

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    Just to clarify - you're using the original nDroid rather than nDroid (TE)? I seem to remember I started TE at v2.x anyway so I'm probably answering my own question.

    Have you tried TE? It should work on phones as well as tablets and has slightly more sophisticated ways for handling recordings etc.

    The nDroid Service version is the last public release I made so you're good with that. You might want to try nDroid (TE) - it will co-exist on the same Android device as the original nDroid without problems.

    Cheers,
    Brian
    I've discovered that if I restart the nDroid service, and then re-load the epg data in the app then the recordings list updates as required. Should this be happening automatically and in real-time? Is there any setting or anything that may be preventing this from happening?

    Also, is playing in-progress recordings possible?? (with either nDroid or nDroid (TE))

    Many thanks in advance.
    AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz (onboard ATI HD6550 graphics), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 500GB Hard drives, Hauppauge Colossus 2 (HDMI), Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (DVB-T), Windows 10 64 bit, NPVR 4.0.4, MCE Remote/IR Blaster, IR Server Suite blasting to SKY TV (NZ) OnDemand set top box (Kaon NS1120).

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,541
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
    I've discovered that if I restart the nDroid service, and then re-load the epg data in the app then the recordings list updates as required. Should this be happening automatically and in real-time? Is there any setting or anything that may be preventing this from happening?
    I'll need to check things over - I've been away from nDroid development for a while and had a few problems with my npvr box (now fixed). I'll see what happens at my end but I am using a Beta version of nDroid TE not available to the public - hopefully I'll update the public release soon.

    Also, is playing in-progress recordings possible?? (with either nDroid or nDroid (TE))

    Many thanks in advance.
    It SHOULD work but it will depend on the Android video player app you use - some may not like it although that's another thing I haven't tried recently. I'll make time this week to look at things.

    Cheers,
    Brian

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    I'll need to check things over - I've been away from nDroid development for a while and had a few problems with my npvr box (now fixed). I'll see what happens at my end but I am using a Beta version of nDroid TE not available to the public - hopefully I'll update the public release soon.

    It SHOULD work but it will depend on the Android video player app you use - some may not like it although that's another thing I haven't tried recently. I'll make time this week to look at things.

    Cheers,
    Brian
    Great! Really appreciate your efforts. nDroid is a great little app.

    With regards to Android players, I've been using MX Player recently and it works well - would be good if this one would accept in progress recordings.

    Many thanks!
    AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz (onboard ATI HD6550 graphics), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 500GB Hard drives, Hauppauge Colossus 2 (HDMI), Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (DVB-T), Windows 10 64 bit, NPVR 4.0.4, MCE Remote/IR Blaster, IR Server Suite blasting to SKY TV (NZ) OnDemand set top box (Kaon NS1120).

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    I'll need to check things over - I've been away from nDroid development for a while and had a few problems with my npvr box (now fixed). I'll see what happens at my end but I am using a Beta version of nDroid TE not available to the public - hopefully I'll update the public release soon.

    It SHOULD work but it will depend on the Android video player app you use - some may not like it although that's another thing I haven't tried recently. I'll make time this week to look at things.

    Cheers,
    Brian
    Have you had a chance to have a look Brian? I've tested and everything updates reliably when I restart the service and reload the epg data - but bit of a pain to do this all the time. Still doesn't work with in-progress recordings though.

    Many thanks in advance.
    AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz (onboard ATI HD6550 graphics), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 500GB Hard drives, Hauppauge Colossus 2 (HDMI), Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (DVB-T), Windows 10 64 bit, NPVR 4.0.4, MCE Remote/IR Blaster, IR Server Suite blasting to SKY TV (NZ) OnDemand set top box (Kaon NS1120).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •