Thread: Pin?

Pin?

How do I set a PIN in the 3.7.7 NEW-A web page to allow access to the Settings? Previous version used local UserID and Password.

Thanks.
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - AMD HD6670 Video
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Creators) - NextPVR - WinTV8 - Total Media Extreme - VLC
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

Settings in Modern NEW-A

The picture below shows what is presented to me after clicking the "Settings" option on the new web UI:
    [ATTACH]42302[/ATTACH

Are these the only settings that can be changed? It seemed that there were many, many more settings available in the previous version. Of what use is the PIN? Anywhere further to go from this page? I'd like to change colors and the amount of information shown like the number of minutes and so forth.

Also, notice the "Installed" version vs the "NextPVR.com" version. Looks wrong.

Did I miss something?

Thanks...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - AMD HD6670 Video
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Creators) - NextPVR - WinTV8 - Total Media Extreme - VLC
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

Currently what you see is all the settings that are available at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    The picture below shows what is presented to me after clicking the "Settings" option on the new web UI:
    [ATTACH]42302[/ATTACH

Are these the only settings that can be changed? It seemed that there were many, many more settings available in the previous version. Of what use is the PIN? Anywhere further to go from this page? I'd like to change colors and the amount of information shown like the number of minutes and so forth.

Also, notice the "Installed" version vs the "NextPVR.com" version. Looks wrong.

Did I miss something?

Thanks...

Its amazingly shocking....

If you go in to NPVR settings page (in the application), you will see a CLASSIC button, this takes you back to the OLD web server, which i have to say looks way better.... :/

Not entirely sure how its better removing functionality...?
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

Copyright 2015 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group View Post
    Not entirely sure how its better removing functionality...?
    In my mind NEWA had evolved into this over time. Lots of cool stuff, but pretty ugly. We don't need most of the things it tried to do.

With the new UI we're trying to give a nicer/cleaner more modern user interface, without all the random crap that hardly anyone ever uses. For those that preferred the old UI, it's still there if you'd prefer to use it (classic mode). I'm sure over time we'll add more settings, but we're definitely not taking the new web UI in the direction of the classic UI, and it'll probably never have all the settings and options classic mode had...and it'll be better for it.