Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: X-NEWA 2.5.0 Alpha 8

Quote Originally Posted by B-Murda View Post
    Hi,

New to Kodi and this plug-in but just installed latest Kodi Nightly beta and this and wanted to share a finding as not sure if known/bugs etc.?

If I set the skin to Confluence it's not usable at all. Everything starts ghosting.

Also, if I want to have RW/FF ability on live tv I take it the only steam options I can use would be pvr (which won't do comskip) OR timeshift which introduces a decent sized initial delay?
    The other streaming ones seem to not allow rewinding, only pause. The progress bar is also jumpy on the ones that don't support RW/FF.

If this is all by design would it be possible to maybe make live tv use one method, say pvr, but recording playbacks another to take advantage of the comskip? I know you can go to videos and play them back that way also but a seamless method would be ideal so if one wanted to just use only the plugin and not jump around or have different methods.

Anyway thanks for your work, otherwise loving it.
    You need to configure the x-newa skin to match the skin you are using. My next version should have autodetect of Estuary or Confluence

Yes unfortunately sub hasn't provided http seeking on live tv to anything but the custom pvr.nextpvr timeshifting mode I am hoping that will change. If you enable pvr mode that will only apply to live tv, recordings will still use a share. I am not a big fan of pvr mode because that implies you need the overhead of running pvr.nextpvr and the tuner problems often reported in timeshifting mode

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    You need to configure the x-newa skin to match the skin you are using. My next version should have autodetect of Estuary or Confluence

Yes unfortunately sub hasn't provided http seeking on live tv to anything but the custom pvr.nextpvr timeshifting mode I am hoping that will change. If you enable pvr mode that will only apply to live tv, recordings will still use a share. I am not a big fan of pvr mode because that implies you need the overhead of running pvr.nextpvr and the tuner problems often reported in timeshifting mode

Martin
    Ah, makes sense. I saw the skin listed some other place under kodi and assumed it was from the plugin lol.

I want to say when I had it in PVR mode my playbacks wouldn't auto-skip. Right now they do and I've not changed anything else. I didn't even do the advancedsettings thing yet. Is that needed still and maybe why when I make the change they don't skip yet somehow right now they are?

I tried to read up some as I hate asking questions that may be answered but seems with all the versions of things it's not 100% clear.

If I ever get everything working good I will make a guide to help others.

You don't need advancedsetting if you are running on the backend or if you record to a share with UNC naming. If you are running non Windows clients you might need to use and IP not hostname.

Martin