Thread: Trouble Getting Started with Guide Plus

Trouble Getting Started with Guide Plus

Downloaded Guide Plus. Used 7-zip to extract files. Opened the application. Screen blinked, but that was it. No evidence that anything actually happened. Where do I go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by GWCowling323 View Post
    Where do I go from here?
    From the wiki, it appears that GuidePlus is a command line utility. So you would start a command prompt and type a command in the format

guidePlus.exe <xmlin=""> <xmlout=""> [showfile=""] [history=""] [rename=On|Off] [repeat=""] [movieDir=""] [seriesDir=""] [wol=""]

Giving filename and other parameters as specified under the heading Usage in the Wiki.

Plus, you have posted in the sub-forum that is dedicated to the TV Listings plugin developed by Hoborg. This sub-forum is not intended for posts about other plugins and utilities.

Plus, the GuidePlus utility may be out of date and may be no longer compatible with the latest versions of NextPVR and its components ... but it's worth trying if it does something that you want.
    i3-3250, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Plus, you have posted in the sub-forum that is dedicated to the TV Listings plugin developed by Hoborg. This sub-forum is not intended for posts about other plugins and utilities.
    both Alibert and Hoborg will be equally surprised at this (if Alibert ever logs on again).
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 4.0.4/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 7.1.2/Kodi 17.3 (bad 1080i MPEG-2 playback) & X-NEWA 2.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    both Alibert and Hoborg will be equally surprised at this (if Alibert ever logs on again).
    Ooops! Apologies to everyone ... especially carpevideo who is the actual author of Guideplus ... I looked it up before my original post and have no excuse.
    i3-3250, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI