Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NextEnd V2 Pre-Release Announcement

I made a few recordings of sporting events and Nextend worked fine. I recorded the French Open and it ended early and found that it is not on the list of events being monitored. According to the Wiki more sports can be added by request. So, would it be possible to add a couple others to monitor? One is tennis (WTA?) and the other is PGA Tour golf.

Quote Originally Posted by VCR58 View Post
    I made a few recordings of sporting events and Nextend worked fine. I recorded the French Open and it ended early and found that it is not on the list of events being monitored. According to the Wiki more sports can be added by request. So, would it be possible to add a couple others to monitor? One is tennis (WTA?) and the other is PGA Tour golf.
    Tennis I could only really do the Final's for WTA and ATP since the EPG data doesn't show which players are playing, right now there are four channels here showing quarter finals but not which matches are which.

PGA Tour could be possible but I would have to see how the api handles the rounds, I would not want to "extend" the Saturday rounds recording because the match isn't finished until Sunday's rounds. I likely might be limited to the final rounds as well.

Martin

Is there a way for NextEnd to determine if a program is live and extend recording time if it does not end as scheduled?
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - AMD HD6670 Video
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Creators) - NextPVR - WinTV8 - Total Media Extreme - VLC
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge HDPVR

Quote Originally Posted by VCR58 View Post
    I did some positive testing with Golf this weekend and should be able to support PGA Tour with 4 other PGA variants. I will post an update later this week after I test the first round of the US Open.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    Is there a way for NextEnd to determine if a program is live and extend recording time if it does not end as scheduled?
    No, I would need a source to tell me that the show is still running. Also sub does not included the Schedules Direct Live flag, it is just considered first run.

Martin

If sub supplied access to the "live" attribute of a SchedulesDirect program, would you consider "NextEnd-ing" such programs. If so, I'll be off to the Wishlist forum with two wishes.
    Later...JohnC

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I did some positive testing with Golf this weekend and should be able to support PGA Tour with 4 other PGA variants. I will post an update later this week after I test the first round of the US Open.
    Cool! Looking forward to trying it out. I just have basic cable so I can only watch Sat and Sun rounds usually.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole998 View Post
    If sub supplied access to the "live" attribute of a SchedulesDirect program, would you consider "NextEnd-ing" such programs. If so, I'll be off to the Wishlist forum with two wishes.
    No it wouldn't help on its own.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    No it wouldn't help on its own.
    To elaborate a bit: There has to be some data source available that NextEnd can query to determine the current status (basically completed or not) of a program's event. For many sports there are such event data providers available. But for "generic live events" like awards shows, presidential speeches, etc. there isn't any such provider.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    To elaborate a bit: There has to be some data source available that NextEnd can query to determine the current status (basically completed or not) of a program's event. For many sports there are such event data providers available. But for "generic live events" like awards shows, presidential speeches, etc. there isn't any such provider.
    Thank you both, Martin & BrettB, for making the problem clear. Maybe I can find such a service...
    Later...JohnC

Attached is an update to NextEnd to monitor Professional Golf on 4 tours. It should work on today's US Open I have monitored about 10 rounds of various events over the last two weeks and all updated successfully although for one US Open round on Friday the status on the ESPN web sites showed In-Progress for an hour too long.

I am considering this beta because it does impact the Sunday monitor. Tonight's game on Fox might impact their evening schedule.

Two things that might be considered when using this for golf events. There are some anomalies in the guide data which will cause shows to be extended that shouldn't be

1) One show had "Round 1 Part 1" followed by "Round 1 Part 2" currently Part 1 will not stop recording until the round ends. If there are enough more cases like this I can fix this.
    2) One show had "Round 2" for just the afternoon time. NextEnd won't be able to handle this, but there were "better" choices the guide for watching all "Round 2"

Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files