Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Works great at home, but I connot get it to work remotely.

United States, Central Florida, Brighthouse Networks.
    Yup, allow remote access is checked.

Can you kill the app on your phone, restart the recording service (to reset the logs), then try to connect again remotely and repost the logs? There is a lot of noise in those logs, and I want to be sure I'm looking at the right log messages.

there you go. reset service, opened the app and opened each tab until it crashed on guide.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It looks like you didn't kill the app on your phone. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gSme13E3c for an example of how to do this.

Separate from that, I think I know what the problem is. Can you zip and attach your config.xml?

I seem to have the same problem. I love the app, but would also like to use it remotely. Remote access is checked on my server and I have restarted the recording service and killed and restarted the app on the phone, but see no change.

If it helps, here is my config.xml file.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/attachment...1&d=1475762340

Unfortunately, the app updated to 1.3 overnight and now it does not search for the NPVR service or allow a address to be added. I will outline this in the appropriate thread
    Attached Files Attached Files

So we got hit pretty hard by that hurricane that came through. I would still like to get this working, but for the time being all my servers and equipment are in a bin stored in a warehouse. Hopefully I can get back up and running soon.

Ok - let us know when you're back up and we'll take another look.

Alright! I am back home now, and all my servers are back online. I have to mention how easily NextPVR handled it too, everything was shutdown and packed into bins, and stored in a warehouse for over 12 days, when I finally get it all back home, I reconnect everything, boot it up, did an EPG update, and it went right back to working as if nothing ever happened. No errors, no headaches, it just worked!

Now, as far as the remote connection issue, I am still having that problem. When I did the last test and uploaded those logs I did in fact close the iOS app properly. I should mention that the app on my iPad does the same thing, and so does the web interface when I open it in my browser (Firefox).

Could you PM me your IP address and pin, so I can take a closer look what happens when I try to connect from a client?

relink, you have a PM