Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does not work remotely

Does not work remotely

Hi, I can run the app just fine at home but it no longer works when I'm remote. I can get into the app but there is nothing listed in TV guide, recordings, Now or scheduler. Settings opens up but no version information is displayed, padding values show a zero (which is not correct).

This is on the newer version of the app with all of the images and new overall look. Prior to this the old version worked great.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ww4397 View Post
    Hi, I can run the app just fine at home but it no longer works when I'm remote. I can get into the app but there is nothing listed in TV guide, recordings, Now or scheduler. Settings opens up but no version information is displayed, padding values show a zero (which is not correct).

This is on the newer version of the app with all of the images and new overall look. Prior to this the old version worked great.

Any suggestions?
    Assume you are using the new Modern UI? If so, Go into NPVR and reset your PIN and make sure the same PIN is entered in the settings area. Close browser and try again....

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Assume you are using the new Modern UI? If so, Go into NPVR and reset your PIN and make sure the same PIN is entered in the settings area. Close browser and try again....
    Thanks, UJB. I'll give that a try.

I guess I haven't been keeping up to date. I don't recall ever having a PIN.

Quote Originally Posted by ww4397 View Post
    Thanks, UJB. I'll give that a try.

I guess I haven't been keeping up to date. I don't recall ever having a PIN.
    If you are using the older NEWA interface you don't need a PIN... but if you are using the newer modern ui (in the url you will see \modern\) then you need to have the PIN set in the settings page.....

Thumbs up

I was running into this as well... I've entered a PIN. My sister will test this later today for me - I'll report back my results later on.

HD PVR: nPVR 3.8.3 (09/29/2016 update) with VLC 2.2.4 Std Skin
    Intel LGA 1155 H67/i5-2400 SB 3.1GHz with HDMI-out, 8GB PC3-10666, Win7 Ultimate x64, Hauppauge Colossus, 1x250GB SSD (System), 1x1TB SATA (Recordings), DirecTV HD22 STB, dtvTune.exe Ethernet channel changer

RaspBMC Client: RaspBMC rpi-3.6.11 kernel (based on Frodo 12.2) Std Skin
    Raspberry Pi B, MPEG-2 & VC-1 licenses, 8GB class 6 SD, AdaFruit USB WiFi, Flirc USB receiver

I tested everything with my sister, and then remotely myself from work. Entering the PIN in the settings definitely solves the remote display issues for me. Thanks much for the information!

HD PVR: nPVR 3.8.3 (09/29/2016 update) with VLC 2.2.4 Std Skin
    Intel LGA 1155 H67/i5-2400 SB 3.1GHz with HDMI-out, 8GB PC3-10666, Win7 Ultimate x64, Hauppauge Colossus, 1x250GB SSD (System), 1x1TB SATA (Recordings), DirecTV HD22 STB, dtvTune.exe Ethernet channel changer

RaspBMC Client: RaspBMC rpi-3.6.11 kernel (based on Frodo 12.2) Std Skin
    Raspberry Pi B, MPEG-2 & VC-1 licenses, 8GB class 6 SD, AdaFruit USB WiFi, Flirc USB receiver

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh View Post
    I tested everything with my sister, and then remotely myself from work. Entering the PIN in the settings definitely solves the remote display issues for me. Thanks much for the information!
    Great.... thanks for the update! Glad to hear you are working now.

Cheers

I am having this same problem... maybe I am missing something.
    you are talking about the pin on the clients page, under "xbmc and touch clients" right? that also has the password for the web UI.
    and then in the web UI... on the settings page, there is an entry for the pin, which I can fill in, but how do I save it? I dont see a save option.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

I was playing with this yesterday and my PIN was autosaved when I left the field on the browser which did seem odd.

Martin

Actually I think I figured it out. I had to just hit enter, and then refresh the page.
    Also, it looks like I need to do this on every client, is that right?

Was this in the wiki somewhere an I missed it? and can we make this easier in the future, maybe a popup or something?
    Also, why do we have to enter the pin when we already have to enter the username and password?
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?