Thread: Where do TV Listings Files Go?

Where do TV Listings Files Go?

I'm confused. The TV Listings wiki page says to put all of them in the NONR data directory (C:\Users\Public\NPVR\). Being that it's a plugin, shouldn't some of the files go in the NPVR\plugins\ subfolder? When I downloaded and extracted the TV Listings files to an NPVR folder on my D:\ drive while preparing for going live. TV Listings.db3 & .dll were extracted to Plugins\TV Listings\. 69 files were extracted to Skin\Default\TV Listings\. TV Recordings.xml (which is a file that starts with a<skin> statement and ends with a </skin> statement) was extracted to Skin\Default\TV Recordings\.It also doesn't say where to put the XmlthExtras file. I tried to find the answers at http://forums.gbpvr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45, the link in the wiki, but it's dead.Just need to know where toi put which files.

Quote Originally Posted by GWCowling323 View Post
    Just need to know where toi put which files.
    The zip file that you downloaded contains two folders. If you extract the contents of the zip into the NextPVR data folder, the extract process will automatically put the files into the correct folder within the NextPVR data folder (i.e. Plugins and Skin (from memory)).

The xmltvextras wiki page at ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....ty.XmltvExtras ... has ... "Simply put the executable in the "NPVR\Scripts" directory. "

GBPVR was the precursor to NextPVR and the world is littered with links to, for example, " forums.gbpvr.com blah ". You can usually get a result by replacing "gbpvr" with "nextpvr" in links.
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

There seems to be a potential problem with TV Listings whereby when you press the back (ESC) key, NextPVR crashes. I've had to switch back to the default guide/recordings for the time being. I've not found time to reproduce it and report it to the author (alibert) but then. he's not around here very often either.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    ... when you press the back (ESC) key, NextPVR crashes.
    Not here. it don't. It's all good for me.
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI