Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hauppauge HVR-1200 (DVB-T) - stopped working?

I fiddled around with it last night and it's actually working again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WinTV8 app, which also included all the drivers. That didn't work so I tried physically moving the card to another PCI-e slot and that didn't work initially, but then all of a sudden it appeared in the devices list in WinTV again and was able to scan up the channels - and goes without saying it's working in NPVR again.

So I'm still not entirely sure what was wrong, but I guess I'll monitor and see what happens next. Maybe the card is on the way out if it seems to be working one day then not the next, and vice versa.

Any thing in the filtercheck log that looks out of the ordinary?
    AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz (onboard ATI HD6550 graphics), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 500GB Hard drives, Hauppauge Colossus 2 (HDMI), Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Hauppauge HVR-1200 (DVB-T), Windows 10 64 bit, NPVR 3.9.2, MCE Remote/IR Blaster, IR Server Suite blasting to SKY TV (NZ) OnDemand set top box (Kaon NS1120).

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
    I fiddled around with it last night and it's actually working again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WinTV8 app, which also included all the drivers. That didn't work so I tried physically moving the card to another PCI-e slot and that didn't work initially, but then all of a sudden it appeared in the devices list in WinTV again and was able to scan up the channels - and goes without saying it's working in NPVR again.
    Great!

Any thing in the filtercheck log that looks out of the ordinary?
    Unfortunately no, nothing obvious.

My Hauppauge TV win8 recently started to become unavailable although the system showed it good in devices -- after rebooting it would work for a bit then become unresponsive again, I thought it was failing after a month of use. Finally after a lot of mucking about including reinstall of win8 driver through the install app, I manually installed a driver from the maybe incompatible list in device manager (I unchecked the compatible only box) that had the right description but ended with (OEM). Since then it has behaved normally.

Just happened again... the HVR-1200 card just became unresponsive although still showing as all ok in Device Manager.

Attached are the logs, tried to change to channel TV2+1 a few minutes ago and nothing happened the same as last time.

Any more ideas @sub?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AMD A8-3870K 3.0GHz (onboard ATI HD6550 graphics), 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 500GB Hard drives, Hauppauge Colossus 2 (HDMI), Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus (DVB-S), Hauppauge HVR-1200 (DVB-T), Windows 10 64 bit, NPVR 3.9.2, MCE Remote/IR Blaster, IR Server Suite blasting to SKY TV (NZ) OnDemand set top box (Kaon NS1120).