Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X-newa 2.5.2 Release

X-newa 2.5.2 Release

This is the release 2.5.2 of XNEWA

1) Web client improvements of OSD Graphic

- enhancement for NextPVR Video OSD requires 161119 or higher.
    - rewrite video state handling requires 160929 or higher.
    - improved support for remotes and keys
    - possible fix for black screens while navigating on slower machines
    - improved support for remotes and keys
    - rtmp support
    - initial v18 Leia support

2) IPv6 support

3) Estuary Skin support. Auto detect Estuary and Confluence skings. Use Estuary classic for early Krypton builds

File available from http://xnewa.netai.net/script.xbmc.x-newa/

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2017-03-02 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I would like people to test it and make sure they can toggle video playback between x-newa mode and Kodi player mode with Backspace or Back Exit keys.

In that new debug mode, if there are keys on your remote that don't do anything but you would like them too, could you pass them back to me.
    I'm happy to test for you Martin. :-) But can you elaborate just a bit about how to toggle the player mode and what we should see (different).

Thanks!

- Brett

Yeah all that appeared on my screen was some yellow random text made no sense so I figured I had done something wrong
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

When you first hit the Back key you should get a wihite "Hit Back to return" If you hit any other key there is debug info in yellow for the two ID values I key in. For controlling the NextPVR UI on the player the arrows, skip, ff/rrw, etc should all display info and do nothing but it wouldn't hurt to check. Keys that might be a problem are the Menu/Info, colours, guide etc.

Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2016-11-05 at 09:38 PM.

One of the focuses of this test is figuring out what skip keys you all want in nlite mode.

I am suggesting the following.

# arrow like NextPVR
    Left right arrows NextPVR skip
    Up/Down arrows NextPVR short skip in recordings
    FF /RW = FF/RW
    Skip Prev & Next NextPVR or Kodi skip?
    Numeric seek not assigned but possible
    Kodi Short (seven second) Step back not assigned but possible.
    Change Aspect Ratio ??

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2016-11-07 at 12:11 AM.

I quickly realized that my objective to make the web client mode match Kodi was a bad idea because the #+skip option is most logical with left and right.

Martin

Using web client.

In KODI I only enabled -30sec and +60sec skip which are the left and right arrow keys.

Occasionally I use the up/down keys which give +/- 10 minutes skip.

Yesterday I tried the latest update listed as Alpha9 and got the white message and the yellow message under but then didnt know what I had to do.

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

Quote Originally Posted by jcjefferies View Post
    Using web client.

In KODI I only enabled -30sec and +60sec skip which are the left and right arrow keys.

Occasionally I use the up/down keys which give +/- 10 minutes skip.

Yesterday I tried the latest update listed as Alpha9 and got the white message and the yellow message under but then didnt know what I had to do.

Chris
    Thanks that is what I figure even though short and long skips are different arrows with Kodi, most people use the Kodi short skip as the NextPVR long skip.

To return you hit the Esc Back or Backspace key. If no keys on your remote do that hit the key you think should do it and post the information that the yellow text gives.

This mode with the white/yellow was always there just nothing on the screen. I think uour recent post about the keys not responding was that you were in this mode.

Martin

I think on my remote Pause and Play generate the same code but I tend to use just the Pause key.

The rarely use either set of "double arrow" keys apart from occasional faster time navigation of the EPG.

The "Stop" key exits video and the back key does the same Esc.

The right mouse key is useful as it enters X-NEWA and other Add-on setup but only just realised that the "i" does the same thing!

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

can you make a setting to optimize the control for limited button remotes like the nexus player's remote? it has only arrows, ok, pause/play and back. maybe put a short skip on the up/down?
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 3.9.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 7.1.1/Kodi 16.1 & X-NEWA 2.5.1