Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X-newa 2.5.2 Release

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    can you make a setting to optimize the control for limited button remotes like the nexus player's remote? it has only arrows, ok, pause/play and back. maybe put a short skip on the up/down?
    Yes it will be short skip on the up/down plus the OSD controls on OK. If someone prefers a long skip on up/down they just configure a longer short skip time.

Martin

I have updated post 1 with beta 1 of x-newa notes are also on that post. If you have trouble with the OSD mode that can be disabled with the "Enable NextPVR Playback OSD" I would like to hear your feedback on this feature with specifics for your client player and the remote you use. Not sure if it should be on or off by default.

Martin

I have updated post 1 with beta 2 of x-newa. No changes for web client this was required for significant changes to the Estuary skin that was released in the nightlies today. If you are running older versions of Krypton I am including Estuary-classic until beta 6 is available. Some people find this new version of Estuary a little dark there is a theme called curial that is a little lighter looking

- Updated to Estuary Next Gen
    - Estuary WideList look & feel.
    - Modified padding value ranges

Martin

I just tried b2. Every thing looks good. I miss the "working" while the plugin loads. It is now blank screen for few seconds. Thanks.
    NPVR 1.5.36, PVR-150 tuner(cable & Sat), Fusionlite 5 tuner (ATSC), HDHomeRun, AMD 2.2 GHz Athlon, 3 PCH NMT devices.

Thanks yes I forgot to add the busy indicator to plugin when I took it out of skin.

Martin

FireTV remote

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    can you make a setting to optimize the control for limited button remotes like the nexus player's remote? it has only arrows, ok, pause/play and back. maybe put a short skip on the up/down?
    I am using the Amazon FireTV (not the stick) and can't seem to get any other remotes to work with it. I am running XNEWA under Kodi and I don't have any problem with navigation while playing a video. while not as convenient as the remote in native NextPvr, I can move pretty well with the arrow keys and the FF/REW.

For me the horribly annoying thing is trying to navigate the recordings menu. The arrows seem to be my only option and it takes forever to scroll thru 500+ recording folders and then thru 60 or more videos for a show that has several seasons recorded. it would be great to have the ability to do pgup/pgdn and/or the ability to go forward or backward 10% of the list. Perhaps the FF/REW buttons could do the 10% jumps. If you wanted to make it configurable I suppose the choices would be to make them pgup/dn, or set the # of items up/down, or do the 10% up/down.

At least the Kodi video lists have a scrollbar that you can move to so the arrows do pgup/down.

I found that my Vizio TV remote seemed to also work with the FireTV, but unfortunately the number keys don't make it to XNEWA, the TV grabs them. So it would be great if some good options were available natively with the FireTV remote.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Steve Tyrakowski

Here is some minor tweaks to help with this. Martin will add some comments in a bit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks sub,

@Steve the change allows you to configure how the FF/RW keys work in the UI and to configure them to function as page up/down keys. The attached updated KeyMappings.xml wll do the trick if you use the NextPVR defaults.

That being said, I personally use my Rii wireless keyboard with most devices with reduced remotes. I have both Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz and they both work great with the AFTV and allow percentage jumping. If you'd like with a change to web client I could probably accept a longpress that you could map to the 5 or 6 key to jump in the list, if you want to read up on doing that http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative%20...tton%20remotes

Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Thanks sub,

@Steve the change allows you to configure how the FF/RW keys work in the UI and to configure them to function as page up/down keys. The attached updated KeyMappings.xml wll do the trick if you use the NextPVR defaults.

That being said, I personally use my Rii wireless keyboard with most devices with reduced remotes. I have both Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz and they both work great with the AFTV and allow percentage jumping. If you'd like with a change to web client I could probably accept a longpress that you could map to the 5 or 6 key to jump in the list, if you want to read up on doing that http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative%20...tton%20remotes

Martin
    I'll try to test the new EXE and keymap, but it's hard to find time when I'm home and awake and not recording something so that I can swap in the new EXE.

I have had no luck getting a bluetooth mini keyboard or a 2.4ghz usb mini keyboard to pair with my 2nd generation AFTV. Do you possibly have the 1st generation AFTV? I get into the screen to add bluetooth keyboards but it never discovers my device. I tried with 2 different bluetooth keyboards and I also tried a couple USB wireless keyboards.

Thanks
    Steve Tyrakowski

Thanks being able to page on remotes that don't have channel up/down makes a lot of sense

Mine is first generation but something seems broken on yours USB keyboards should just work if USB Debugging is turned off. Does a wired keyboard work? If so and it is under warranty I'd return it.

Martin