Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sat-IP advice - DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 combinations.

Just as a point of clarification, sub, does that include DVB-S2? Thanks.
    - Silent client PVR: HDPlex HS.1 aluminium fanless case / Thin-ITX ASRock H81TM-ITX motherboard / Intel Celeron 1850T CPU / 4GB RAM / 120GB SSD / TBS6982 DBS-S2 dual-tuner card / Win10+nPVR+Plex Media Player feeding LG OLED55B6V + Anthem MRX510 AV Receiver / PMC GB1 / B&W / REL speakers.
    - Noisy NAS: Xeon / Intel mobo / 16GB RAM / FreeNAS + Ubuntu VMs on VMware ESXi + 12TB RAID
    running Plex Media Server

Yes, it works for DVB-S/S2.

Quote Originally Posted by elsmandino View Post
    Excellent - thank you.

Seems that I cannot go wrong with the Octopus Net - I shall look to get one shortly.

Apologies for being so nosey but you see to have a really serious set up - 24-port Switch and Cat 7 cable. Are you future proofing with this or do you have a need for something so extraordinary?

I assume that you either work in IT or are a very dedicated to home computing.
    I earn my money as a carpenter, IT is just hobby and try to keep my house network up to date
    Since every room in my house has 3 double Rj45 cans
    And which need to be merged somewhere you need patch panels and switches

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    One thing to keep in mind - NextPVR only supports DVB-S when it comes to SAT>IP.

DVB-T/DVB-C SAT>IP support could probably be added, but it's not there today.
    Hi Sub,

Is this still the case?

SiliconDust seem to be advertising that their Homeruns working with NPVR:

https://www.silicondust.com/support/faq/
    PVR Server - Windows 7, running Stablebit (Drivepool and Scanner). G1840, 12GB RAM, 2 x 2TB HDD, 1 x 6TB HDD, Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova HD-S2.

Clients - 3 x Raspberry Pis, running Libreelec.

The HDHR is not a SAT>IP device.

Martin

Expanding slightly on Martin's reply - The HDHR is a not SAT>IP device. It is another type of network tuner, and works fine with NextPVR.

That is firstly great news as had ruled out HDHR's before but realise that I can use them after all.

Out of genuine interest, what is it that makes the HDHR different from the other SAT>IP devices on the market?
    PVR Server - Windows 7, running Stablebit (Drivepool and Scanner). G1840, 12GB RAM, 2 x 2TB HDD, 1 x 6TB HDD, Hauppauge HVR-2200, Hauppauge Nova HD-S2.

Clients - 3 x Raspberry Pis, running Libreelec.

SAT>IP is a protocol and the HDHR typically uses rtp/rtsp and newer devices support http. From a NextPVR perspective it supports both the SAT>IP protocal and streams the HDHR (non Prime) indirectly using the Windows BDA interface

Martin