Thread: Dvb epg

Dvb epg

The DVB EPG in my area is reliable and I see no other reason to use it other than NextPVR only updates once a day. Most channels provide 1-2 day scheds but I have a couple that only do 12 hrs at a time.

I would like to run multiple EPG updates a day.

schedule it in task scheduler. nextpvr.exe -updateepgonly

you'll want to avoid times when you might be recording though.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 3.9.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 7.1.1/Kodi 16.1 & X-NEWA 2.5.1

Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by mrred128 View Post
    Thanks much.
    You should also consider Schedules Direct works great in Canada much easier and better data than ATSC and cost about a cup of coffee a month.

Martin

Not my question, but that is what I am moving away from. There is no reason why this shouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by mrred128 View Post
    Not my question, but that is what I am moving away from. There is no reason why this shouldn't work.
    It is ok for occasional live TV and recordings. In general PVR use for others new comers who might read this post I wouldn't recommend it. On top of better data and art, features like record new only, avoding duplicates and updates during recoridng and live tv. Many people use Kodi and frequent EPG updates are a pain with it even once a day.

Martin

Ive been using pvrs since sage came out with version 1 (over 10 years ago). Kodi, at best, is unstable due to its inability to recover from errors. It makes it a weak client. My dvb schedule does show 'new' shows.

I am new here, not everywhere.