Thread: 3.9.2 Web server not starting

3.9.2 Web server not starting

I just updated NPVR to 3.9.2 and X-Newa alpha 8 would no longer connect to NPVR. I updated to beta 1 and it still won't connect. Has something changed?

Quote Originally Posted by cncb View Post
    I just updated NPVR to 3.9.2 and X-Newa alpha 8 would no longer connect to NPVR. I updated to beta 1 and it still won't connect. Has something changed?
    Check that the web server is running and if it not check this thread http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...error-in-3-9-2

Martin

The web server does not appear to be running but I don't get any detailed error reporting (just a generic runtime error) and I don't appear to have that NativeServiceController.cs file anywhere.

Check the Windows Eventviewer.

Martin

What should I look for in the Event Viewer? I also tried the new "nrecord" from the other thread about Web Admin login failure but it didn't help.

Recent ASP.net errors or warnings in the Windows Logs-> Applications

Martin

Code:
    HttpCompileException
    t:\Data\NPVR\web\App_Code\Classes\VerifyInernalNetworkJSON.cs(129): error CS1061: 'N_EWA.classes.Settings' does not contain a definition for 'GetIP4Address' and no extension method 'GetIP4Address' accepting a first argument of type 'N_EWA.classes.Settings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
       at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
       at System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

http://[::ffff:192.168.1.2]:8866/modern/index.html
    /modern/index.html
    ::ffff:192.168.1.43
    False
    BASE\Admin
    BASE\Admin
    False
       at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
       at System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

I get this detail in the browser on the server:

Code:
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'N_EWA.classes.Settings' does not contain a definition for 'GetIP4Address' and no extension method 'GetIP4Address' accepting a first argument of type 'N_EWA.classes.Settings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 127:                Logger.Info("IP V6 Detected on Server ");
    Line 128:                Logger.Info("IP6 Address: " + address);
    Line 129:                if (Global.Settings.autologinNets.CheckNumber(Global.Settings.GetIP4Address()))
    Line 130:                {
    Line 131:                    IsInternalnetwork = true;

Source File: t:\Data\NPVR\web\App_Code\Classes\VerifyInernalNetworkJSON.cs ** Line: 129

Ah that will do it, sub only deleted the obsolete file VerifyInernalNetworkJSON.cs from a hard-coded folder not using the registry or API Delete it and restart the service.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2016-11-22 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks - all is working now.