Thread: Can't stream recordings to desktop browser but Live TV works.

Can't stream recordings to desktop browser but Live TV works.

Hi. I'm struggling to get reliable streaming of recorded programmes to my desktop browser using the new modern interface.
    I can stream a Live TV channel from my NPVR server to the Edge browser on my Windows 10 PC however if I try to stream a previously recorded programme, I get one of two things....

If I select a programme from the recently recorded section and click on Watch....nothing seems to happen.
    If a select a recording from the All recordings screen and click watch, I get a black window with buffering at the bottom ....which proceeds to 100% and then I get the rotating circle in the middle of the screen....and that's it...no sound or picture.

Checking the Web log file I see an error saying the file doesn't exist.... but it does and can be played on the NPVR server using NPVR.

I've attached the log file.

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NPVR Version= 3.9.2
    Intel i7 Quad Core 3200 + 6GB DDR2 Gigabyte Motherboard
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    BlackGold dual DVB T & S tuner
    60Gb SSD System Disk (Raid 1)
    60Gb SSD Recording Cache
    4Tb Media Store (WD Red 4Tb x 2 in Raid 1)

Raspberry 2 x Pi2 running OSMC

Upgrade to the newest version and let me know if that fixes your issue....

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...ble-(19th-Nov)

Hi.
    The latest NPVR now works on playback with Edge browser (fails after 10 secs in IE11). I still can't get one recording to play though and I see "File does not exist" errors in the log.

Thought occurred to me....could the problem be because there's a comma in the path & file title. It's the only thing that's unique about the recording?

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\Other\ffmpeg.exe -y -i file:"R:\Recordings\Horizon Asteroids - The Good, the\Horizon Asteroids - The Good, the_20161126_22302330.ts" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -b:v 15000000 -maxrate 15000000 -bufsize 30000000 -vsync vfr -profile:v high -level 41 -aspect 16:9 -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -s 1920x1080 -flags -global_header -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\temp\HorizonAsteroids-TheGood,the...-4fcc0cf488a74feb8ed87b07c114ea3a.m3u8"
    NPVR Version= 3.9.2
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    60Gb SSD Recording Cache

Is it just recordings with a comma in the name that have this problem?

Do you have a log file in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\temp\?

That the_ got me looking Going from the original logs I think this is a trailing period problem from the

'C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\temp\HorizonAsteroids-TheGood,the...-ca29fbc6aae3451d9f522ead57bbf985.m3u8':

The file not found error happens before the transcoding starts.

Martin

Yes Sub...I've only found this recording has a problem and the only thing that appears unique about it is the format of the directory/file name. (plays fine in native NPVR)

Yes there are temp files created in the Web/Temp directory which disappear on stopping the play attempt.

When you hit the watch button you see requesting stream message, followed by buffering then just a blank screen with circle going round in the middle and "playing" at the bottom..
    I've attached a log extract for the relevant area

Something else I've noticed is that whilst it's in this state, there is a timeline at the bottom of the screen showing playback position (but stays at Zero).
    When I play other recordings the timeline disappears and doesn't re-appear when you hover over the area. Is this known behaviour?
    Last edited by Bobins; 2016-12-10 at 01:26 PM. Reason: additional information.
    NPVR Version= 3.9.2
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    60Gb SSD Recording Cache

I've another recording that behaves the same now. Plays fine in native NPVR but will not play in the Web interface. Just leaves a circle going round in the middle of the screen.
    Log attached.
    NPVR Version= 3.9.2
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    60Gb SSD Recording Cache

Quote Originally Posted by Bobins View Post
    I've another recording that behaves the same now. Plays fine in native NPVR but will not play in the Web interface. Just leaves a circle going round in the middle of the screen.
    Log attached.
    That file also has trailing dots. It seems like your EPG source truncates long names so you might see this more tha some users.

Martin

Martin, to prove a point I edited the NPVR database to remove the 3 dots and yes, this allows the file to be played. I don't recall the EPG having 3 dots when displayed on the screen., thought it was the full title but can't be 100% sure. Perhaps Sub can advise if the EPG entry gets truncated when added to the schedule database. The EPG is drawn OTA from Freesat & Freeview.
    I'm using TV Listings. Could it be an issue with that when scheduling the recording?

Should I see a timeline under the recording when playing?

Ray.
    NPVR Version= 3.9.2
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    60Gb SSD Recording Cache