Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple crashes on clients

I also tried to reproduce this here without success. It generally sounds like some concurrent modifications to internal structures during screen rendering, which is done much more often if animations are enabled. I may try and add some explicit synchronization when getrenderlist is invoked, however, not sure if this is sufficient.

-alibert

Hi,

those having random crashes when animations are enabled - could you try the attached version and check if it gets better?

-alibert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by alibert View Post
    Hi,

those having random crashes when animations are enabled - could you try the attached version and check if it gets better?

-alibert
    thanks for addressing - will try and report back!

Quote Originally Posted by ccihon View Post
    thanks for addressing - will try and report back!
    So having run this TV Listings DLL version on three different machines, I can sy that the number of crashes are reduced, but not entirely eliminated. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ccihon View Post
    So having run this TV Listings DLL version on three different machines, I can sy that the number of crashes are reduced, but not entirely eliminated. Hope that helps.
    Hoping there is a solution for this? I am certain the same error is occurring with the new dll version

Yep I've still been experincing the same crash (and I have animations disabled FWIW). I am using the -no3d option when launching npvr in order to try and prevent further crashes.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

agree - "-no3d" option prevents the crashes, but in my case on a 4k tv, makes menu and guide navigation very sluggish. I should probably just ditch the TVListings plugin and get used to the standard Guide, which is now improved. Main thing preventing it is that I would need to emulate the listing groups for atsc and cablecard channels I have, eliminating many I don't watch or don't have access to to get a clean guide. I have researched Dirct3D errors with some other apps and am testing a possible work-around. I'm thinking Alibert is focused on other things.

Sorry that I don't have a solution - I still don't know exactly what is causing the crashes with npvr 3.9.2 so that I could add a workaround here.

Maybe it helps to set EnableAnimations to false (http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....vanced#toc16)?

-alibert

Quote Originally Posted by alibert View Post
    Sorry that I don't have a solution - I still don't know exactly what is causing the crashes with npvr 3.9.2 so that I could add a workaround here.
    I don't think it's specifially related to 3.9.2, because I've seen a couple of users report this same message when using TVListings in other recent versions of NextPVR.

I tried to reproduce it here but couldn't. From the message, it looks like it might be related something about the way UiElements is being disposed of, or not disposed of (maybe running out of GPU text memory).

all the help appreciated - I actually did not see the issue until the latest version, and have used the plugin for a few years. I think I will need to use the standard Guide and Recordings until remedied - thanks!