Thread: What am I doing wrong when adding a plugin?

Unhappy What am I doing wrong when adding a plugin?

I want to add the weather plug in. When I go to the plugin/configuration screen it is looking for a *.exe, I was expecting it would want a *.dll
    Are there any good instructions on adding plugins?
    Dave

When you install a plugin, ie copy the dll to the plugins folder, it should automatically appear in the plugin tab of the config app.

What do you mean by "it is looking for a *.exe"?

seems like you try to add a custom task instead of configuring the plugins....
    ---------------------
    www.sitecomposer.de

Unhappy Do all plugin dlls go into the same folder?

Just for clarification, the Weather plugin has a dozen or so files including the dll, do all go into the main plugin folder, i.e, no sub directories??
    And if I add additional plugins they all continue to go into the same directory along with any additional files that are in a zip file
    Thanks,
    Dave

yes, all the plugins (dll-files) are in the same folder (\gbpvr\plugins).

take another look at the weather-plugin zip file: the files are zipped with path info.
    most of the files go into the folder \gbpvr\media\WeatherIcons, other directories are \gbpvr\Plugins (the plugin dll), \gbpvr\skin\blue\weather (the skin.xml-file).

if your windows is in english and you have gbpvr installed in 'c:\program files\gbpvr\devnz\gbpvr' you can just extract the zipfile to c: using path info (e.g. with winzip) and all the files are in the correct location.

if your windows is in another language or the location of gbpvr is somewhere else, you can extract the zip file e.g. to \temp and copy the subfolders media, plugins and skin manually to your \gbpvr directory.

daniel/betlit
    AMD 1600mHz, 512 M RAM, 20+160 GB drive, Hauppauge PVR-350 + PVR-150 + PVR-150MCE, Win XP Pro SP3, using software decoding.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

(The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Smile thanks, all set now

Thanks,
    My problem was not realizing that many of the files went into different directories, now that i do it all works great
    Dave