Thread: Hauppauge Quad Tuner Card Support

Hauppauge Quad Tuner Card Support

I recently replaced my dual tuner card with a Hauppauge Quad Tuner card.
    NextPVR server treats the new quad tuner like it is a dual tuner card.
    The NextPVR server kicks off clients when a recording is started even when there are two unused tuners available.
    I'm running Windows 10 with a dual core processor.
    Will NextPVR be updated soon to properly handle quad tuner cards?

Maybe upload the logs to show the problem. For analog I think sub wrote this only has 2 tuners.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jmooremcc View Post
    I recently replaced my dual tuner card with a Hauppauge Quad Tuner card.
    NextPVR server treats the new quad tuner like it is a dual tuner card.
    The NextPVR server kicks off clients when a recording is started even when there are two unused tuners available.
    I'm running Windows 10 with a dual core processor.
    Will NextPVR be updated soon to properly handle quad tuner cards?
    I have the Hauppauge Quad Tuner Card and it works with NextPVR.

In the attached pictures you will see the devices page and then 2 status captures. The one with only Simon and Simon recording is what was a scheduled recording. The screen cap with several recordings I started quick recording channels, including subchannels, for the purpose of demonstration for this post. I have 3 different PBS main stations with 7 subchannels. 14.1,14.2,14.3 etc. and another channel with 5 subchannels. 20.1,20.2,20.3. I could record 26 shows with my channel lineup at once if I wanted too.

I don't know what your issue is.

I did have to export my channels and import them into each device to get all tuners recording.

Maybe upload your logs and take a few snippets so we understand what your issue is and help you get your quad working.

Windows has a good snippet maker. Just hit the window button on your keyboard and start typing snip and it will show up in your list.Name:  quad1.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  19.7 KB
    Name:  quad.PNG
Views: 280
Size:  6.1 KB
    Name:  quad2.PNG
Views: 280
Size:  11.3 KB
    Last edited by p37307; 2016-12-07 at 07:57 AM. Reason: change had to have
    ~Paul

Setup: NextPVR, Serviio, WinTV-quadHD and WinTV-HVR-955Q. Custom Roku channel developer. Feeding Tube Advocate. About me or http://chambers.pw.

If you haven't broken it at least once, you're not doing it right.

I have the Hauppauge Quad Tuner Card and the Dual Hauppauge Tuner Card with FM (HVR-2255) in the same computer. They work fine if you install the WinTV8 which updates the drivers as it installs. I found the separate driver install does not work well with these tuner cards. Hope this helps.