Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10 Preview removes command prompt

My first job was stoking the boiler - it took about 3 hours to build up enough steam to fire up the machine...

Alex

ACTMCS .. too funny :-).

We had one TRS80 at school, then my Dad got an AMIGA, and then a BBC Micro (great learning machine, lots of basic was written, great for budding minds), then an IBM... aye, swapping floppies. And then Fortran with punch Cards at Uni ... seemed like a step backwards.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    And then Fortran with punch Cards at Uni ...
    I remember Fortran (the name - not the code) except when I was at Uni we had a paper tape reader...

Alex

I always laugh at these discussions... someone brings up something a bit old, then each succeeding post is about something older, until we all realize we're very, very old and that it's best not to dwell on it. well, I say "we", but really I mean "you" are very, very old. I'm merely old.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my server: NPVR 3.9.2/Win10Pro 32-bit/AMD A6-7400K/hvr-2250 & hvr-1250 with Winegard Flatwave antenna/Schedules Direct
    playback client: Google Nexus Player running Android 7.1.1/Kodi 16.1 & X-NEWA 2.5.1