Thread: Multiple Users for Web Admin

Multiple Users for Web Admin

Can't seem to find anything on this. Is it possible to have a secondary login for the webadmin? One that my wife can use so we aren't stepping on each other?

Thanks!

NPVR Rig: ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0, Intel Core i3 2100, 8gb DDR3, Silicon Dust HDHomeRun PRIME, 2tb Western Digital (OS/Recordings), 1tb Western Digital (videos), Antec NSK2400 Case, Logitech Harmony Remote

To Purchase:
    Current Projects:

Yes but it is not trivial to set up and the logins do timeout What do you mean by "stepping" on each other? The only thing I can think of is live tv and that is not multi-user on the web right now.

Martin

Ah, ok so it cannot do more then one stream.

So if i want to setup a second user (not for simultaneous streaming) it not as easy as a config file some where I guess?

NPVR Rig: ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0, Intel Core i3 2100, 8gb DDR3, Silicon Dust HDHomeRun PRIME, 2tb Western Digital (OS/Recordings), 1tb Western Digital (videos), Antec NSK2400 Case, Logitech Harmony Remote

To Purchase:
    Current Projects:

No accounts are only created in NextPVR and NEWA.

1) First in NextPVR you need to change the default web login account and password neither admin or password are allowed

2) Then you need to go into the classic interface

http://localhost:8866/Admin2.aspx

and turn on passwords generally. The only way to do this is by tricking NEWA into thinking you aren't using an internal LAN by editing the default Automatic Login Range: Making it None is probably the easiest.

3) Also on the Admin screen you add the second account in Guest User Information:

Because you are now running in External mode other security features come into play and the NEWA experience is a bit more complicated especially if you expect to leave the browser UI open since there is an inactivity timeout.

Martin

Awesome, thank you!

To Purchase:
    Current Projects:

Thanks for providing the rundown Martin!