Thread: Capture box for STB

Capture box for STB

Could this be a suitable capture device for NPVR in connection with a STB and blaster? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VOXL...b-3e169801cc8c

"There are 10 sorts of people, those who understand binary numbers and those who don't"

It isn't clear but it seems like it records raw video and audio (no mention of h264 transcoding) or mpeg-2 output. Because of the DirectShow support it might work with Network Recorder but this isn't the first time you have asked about one of these Chinese boxes with unknown support and I'd avoid them like the plague.

The Hauppauge HDPVR and Colossus devices are what you want for HDMI or Component HD capture, especially the models with a built in blaster.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    It isn't clear but it seems like it records raw video and audio (no mention of h264 transcoding) or mpeg-2 output. Because of the DirectShow support it might work with Network Recorder but this isn't the first time you have asked about one of these Chinese boxes with unknown support and I'd avoid them like the plague.

The Hauppauge HDPVR and Colossus devices are what you want for HDMI or Component HD capture, especially the models with a built in blaster.

Martin
    The manufacturer confirms that this one has H.264 HW transcoding. Re blaster I already have 3 blasters on my USBUIRT so no need for one more

"There are 10 sorts of people, those who understand binary numbers and those who don't"

That device wont work. If you want an HDMI capture device, you'll pretty much have to get one of the Hauppauge devices.