Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open classic EPG in NEWA very slow

Open classic EPG in NEWA very slow

Browsing to the EPG can often result in the browser displaying "Connecting" for a couple of minutes before the EPG is eventually displayed.

Subsequent navigation can either repeat the delay or suddenly go to being almost instantaneous.

HELP!!

Post your users\public\npvr\logs\web.log

Web.log attached...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not seeing anything too odd in there... there are a couple of locks on the slqlite database at the startup but logging times don't show a delay.

Does this behavior occur when you are on the server and access the quide or just when you are outside the server?

Seeing it both on and off the server.

I have two servers and it is occurring on both. Yesterday, I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.9.2 on one of them & issue is still occurring.

Will grab another log the next time time I see it.

Is the slowness intermittent? If so, does it perhaps align to when you have your epg update time set to occur?

It *might* be occurring the first time a client tries to access NEWA after doing a scheduled EPG update.

I have just had another occurrence. The attached log is the result of a single webbrowser making a single request to the URL <host>:8866/Guide2.aspx.
    The server was rebooted some hours previously. The Scheduled update was set for 07:55:00 am.
    Updates are from an XMLTV file.

Regards

Update: Have done multiple attempts without intervening EPG update - occurs multiple times.
    Last edited by Peter Ingham; 2017-01-24 at 07:36 AM.

Hmmmm...... ok.... try this... stop the recording service. Then extract the attached file into the web\app_code\classes directory replacing the existing file.

Let me know if there are any differences...and if not post the log again where the slowness has occurred.

Slowness is still occurring.

zip attached is for 2 sessions:

Session 1: Start NPVR Recording service, Open Guide2.aspx in Firefox (slow)

Session 2: Start NPVR Recording service, Open Guide2.aspx in Firefox (slow), press > to next page (Fast), Press > to next page (Slow)

Next I'm going to try Empty EPG, switching every channel EPG Source from XMLTV to DVB/ATSC EPG, the Update EPG (in case it is somehow related to the XMLTV file)

After the EPG Source switch above (without Restarting the Recording Service), the problem seems to have gone away.

I then did an Empty EPG, set all Channel EPG Sources back to the XMLTV file (without Restarting the Recording Service) & the problem has NOT returned.

Will continue to monitor.