Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony tv with Android

Hi stu, as per this thread, I got it working. https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...ith-Android-OS
    Fast forward worked really well; I was surprised. Early doors yet though. Thanks to Martin for a fabulous plugin!
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

My next step is to try subs Android TV app now that its officially supported it sounds great but I’d really like the same functionality as XNEWA has with Comskip, access to the Videos Menu for non-TV-recorded shows / holiday videos (do not wish to import into recordings).
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

If using kodi what is the point of xnewa?

Quote Originally Posted by bighick View Post
    If using kodi what is the point of xnewa?
    Some people prefer the NextPVR interface to Kodi. Also it allows playing videos through the NextPVR interface, allowing sharing resume points on clients without setting up sql server. Prior to v18 comskip didn't work and in-progress files weren't completely playable in Kodi

Martin

What Martin said; all that, spot on. Wasn’t aware v18 did Comskip though, had read in previous Kodi threads this was something Kodi hadn’t implemented. Been using NPVR (GBPVR) since 2005 so interface (with web client) is what the kids grew up with (born 2003 and 2004).

[EDIT] Been looking at this thread, https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338806 seems like Comskip "may" only have been implemented very recently (after 24 Jan 2019), in a nightly? Not sure.
    Last edited by jksmurf; 2019-01-28 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Comskip Update in Kodi 18

Comskip is not implemented in curl http on Kodi however in v18 the addon is configured to use http over their new inputstream streaming which does support comskip in my testing.

Martin

OK, so via the XNEWA Add-on, but not natively in Movies?; I ask as I have Kodi 18 RC5 oin my NextPVR Server to test, so tried a file which I know works in NextPVR, but couldn't see any timeline breaks or any settings to enable disable auto-skipping.

No I am talking the PVR addon recordings playback not x-newa. Kodi Movie Library playback should support comskip too. You won't see the breaks in Kodi and I have no idea about turning off auto-skipping

Martin

So to get this right
    In progress recordings will keep going in xnewa Kodi 18 just like on a windows pc
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Nothing changed with xnewa playback they should play to the end from a share but not with http. I might hook into the PVR addon change I made to fix streaming but the share is a better solution anyway.

Martin