Thread: Help with restarting NextPVR addon when waking from suspend.

Help with restarting NextPVR addon when waking from suspend.

I need some Linux help and am wondering if any of the experts out there could guide me here. I am by no means proficient with Linux (just know some basic commands).

I am experimenting with the OpenElec version of Kodi and it seems to behaving quite nicely. However, I have one issue that I need some help on.

If I put OpenElec in suspend mode (sleep), then wake it up, the NextPVR addon does not function - it appears it needs to be refreshed or restarted - I suppose this isn't first time someone has stumbled over this issue.

Is there a way to restart the addon from within Kodi (without rebooting the box) or preferably, use a script (like I do in Windows) that automatically fires off when the box wakes up that kills the old instance of the Nextpvr addon and restarts the addon?

If a script is required, would someone kindly post one that would work in this instance? I have never written a Linux script, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As a matter of interest why would you want to put a NextPVR client to sleep instead of powering off?

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB in Windows mirror- Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorkd UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients RPi2 & Acer RL80 Celeron Nettop both running X-NEWA on LibreElec.

I am trying to mimic the operation of the Windows clients - in order to prevent wife from complaining.